88. Bill talk

The door of room 366 swung open abruptly, and there she stood, an angry woman with a tirade about a strand of hair in the shower. She cursed at me, and although I heard her, it didn't quite register. My thoughts were elsewhere, still trapped in the encounter with the Bill of this world.
But now, I was brought back to reality by an irate customer blaming me for a hair in the shower. I was convinced it was her own hair, but she kept yelling and screaming, and her words barely reached me. I apologized on autopilot and tried to resolve the issue, but my mind was filled with confusing emotions. She slammed the door shut with a bang, and I stood there, numb and indifferent to the situation I was in.
As I walked away from room 366, I felt tears welling up. Not because of the angry woman, but because of the painful reality that I missed Bill so much. The Bill from the other world, the Bill I longed for with every fiber of my being. His presence, his voice, the look in his eyes, everything about him. The man in room 336, standing before me, resembled him, but it didn't feel the same. The longing for the other world, my Bill, overwhelmed me like a wave of sorrow.
Some time after the woman finally slammed the door in my face, I snapped out of my absent state. I turned around and instinctively sought refuge. The small balcony on the third floor provided the desired space. As I stepped outside, I felt the fresh air caress my face. My breathing quickened, and I leaned against the wall.
The tears I had held back finally found an outlet. I slowly sank down, my back against the wall, and the sobs escaped like a gentle symphony of sorrow. The longing for Bill, the uncertainty about my future without a job, it all weighed heavily on my shoulders. I thought about my other life, the world where I, as Elise, could sing on big stages, where I found love with Bill Kaulitz. I thought about the other world, the band, the music, the friendship. My heart ached at the thought that I had left all of that behind. The grief overwhelmed me, and I cried softly against the wall, lonely and lost in my own world. In this reality, I had been reduced to a maid crying on a balcony, her dreams lost.

I sat there against the wall of that small balcony, still soaked in sorrow, when suddenly I heard a familiar voice. My head shot up, and there stood Bill. His presence surprised me, and I quickly wiped the tears from my face. "Cigarette?" he asked, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. I shook my head, a weak smile on my face.
Bill took a seat next to me, his back against the same wall. His presence brought a strange mix of confusion and comfort. "I know you from The Voice of Germany," he began. "You participated, right?"
His words cut through my thoughts, and I looked at him in astonishment. My surprise mixed with curiosity, and I replied sincerely, "No, sorry Bill, you're really confusing me with someone else." To keep a certain distance, I quickly added, "Sorry, Mr. Kaulitz," as a form of formality.
"Call me Bill," he said with a smile and continued, "Yes, Elise, with the beautiful voice that could sing so beautifully. Unfortunately, you walked away, but your voice stayed in my head."
I looked at him with amazement, not understanding how he could recognize me. Had the other Elise participated in The Voice of Germany? My confusion mixed with curiosity, and I asked, "How do you know that I can sing? And why do you think I participated in a singing competition?"
Bill leaned back, as if recalling memories. "I remember your audition," he began. "You sang with so much passion and emotion. It stood out to me, even among all the other talented participants. Then you disappeared suddenly, and I've often wondered why."
My confusion deepened. "I never participated in a singing competition, Bill. Maybe you're really confusing me with someone else."
He furrowed his eyebrows, as if trying to process my words. "That can't be," he finally said. "I recognize your voice. It's unique, and I would never forget it."
I stared at him with genuine amazement. A singing competition was something I had never considered. "But I never participated in The Voice of Germany," I emphasized again.
I stood up, my heartbeat quickening with the realization that I wasn't supposed to talk to customers. "Actually, I'm not supposed to talk to you according to my boss," I blurted out, realizing how ridiculous that sounded in this context. Bill looked at me with a gaze that seemed to contain a mix of amusement and understanding. His response was a grin that made me smile too. Bill looked at me and chuckled. "What a jerk, that guy," he reacted with genuine surprise.
A spontaneous laugh escaped my lips at his response. "Yeah, that's putting it mildly," I replied, shaking my head. Bill seemed genuinely indignant about the unreasonableness of my boss.
"Are you really fired now?" Bill asked with concern in his voice. My smile faded, and I sighed, "I'm going to talk to him. Hopefully, he'll give me another chance," I replied, aware of the uncertainty that lay ahead.
Bill seemed genuinely concerned and asked, "Is there anything I can do to help? Do you need a lawyer or something?" His willingness to help surprised me, and I shook my head. "No, it's kind of you, but I don't think a lawyer can help in this situation. I just have to figure out how to sort it out with my boss."