93. Party

Elise thanked me for the compliment with a smile and offered me her hand. "Come, let's dance," she invited, and I gladly took her hand. Together, we descended to the dance floor, where the music embraced us like a warm blanket. It felt like we had momentarily escaped reality, floating on the melodies of the gala.
We moved in sync with the music, surrounded by other dancing couples. Her eyes sparkled in the light of the dance floor, and I couldn't help but lose myself in the enchantment of the moment. The world around us faded, and it seemed like there were only the two of us, dancing in our own little bubble.
As we danced, we talked about everything and nothing. We shared memories of the past, laughed about funny incidents, and enjoyed each other's company. It felt familiar and comfortable, as if we were picking up the thread of a long-forgotten friendship.
The music transitioned into a slow ballad, and we moved closer to each other. Her body felt warm and familiar in my arms, and the world seemed to stand still for a moment. Under the sparkling lights of the gala, we found a moment of peace and connection.
Her dress was like a masterpiece of elegance. The red sparkling gala gown embraced her figure in a way that was both refined and breathtaking. It left her shoulders bare, revealed a hint of her neck, and then smoothly glided down her body. The fabric seemed to dance with every move she made, a perfect companion for the enchanting evening.
I took her hand and placed mine on her lower back as the music guided us. Her gaze met mine, and there was an unspoken understanding between us. We moved in harmony, a interplay of passion and grace, as if the music itself was an extension of us.
While we floated on the dance floor, I felt the gentle touch of her fingers on my shoulder and the warmth of her body close to mine. It was a sensual experience, but at the same time, a deep emotional connection, as if every movement told a story that only we understood.
The lights of the gala reflected in her eyes as she smiled. It was as if the whole world disappeared, and there was only space for the two of us, enveloped in the magic of the evening. The soft tones of the music filled the air, and I felt privileged to share this moment with her.
Her hair cascaded like a silky waterfall over her shoulders, and I could perceive the subtle scent of her perfume as we danced. Every detail, from the sparkle of her dress to the way she laughed, became a precious memory that I wanted to cherish.
During the ballad, I held her firmly, not out of possession but out of the need to hold onto the connection. Her hand in mine felt familiar, and her body against mine felt like coming home.

After our dance, we took a seat at the bar, surrounded by the sound of laughter and the muffled hum of conversations. The atmosphere was lively and festive, and I felt at ease in Elise's company.
"Have you heard from David?" I shouted above the music into her ear. She shook her head, her gaze meeting mine, and I saw a touch of concern in her eyes. We both knew that David was still a shadow from the past, a figure lurking in the background, even on festive occasions like this.
She took a sip of her champagne, her lips gently pressing against the glass. "No, thankfully not," she replied. Her voice was almost a whisper, as if she was afraid his name would draw unwanted attention.
I picked up my own glass of champagne and raised it to her. "To avoiding old ghosts," I said with a wink. She smiled, and we clinked our glasses together, a silent toast to the strength to look forward and leave the past behind.
"Is Tom still mad at me?" she shouted back in my ear as we already had new glasses in our hands. I nodded as our eyes met. "Yes," I shouted back, "he's just too stubborn. I doubt he even knows you're here tonight."
She chuckled and took a sip of her champagne. "He'll find out," she shouted back. I nodded in agreement, knowing that Tom's stubbornness was a force of its own.
"And what do you think of my dress, by the way?" she suddenly asked. She hopped off her stool and spun around in a pirouette. Her red gala dress sparkled and flashed as she danced.
"Enchanting, Elise," I answered with a wide smile. "I went to buy this one with Alissa. Your friend has good taste," she laughed back. I nodded affirmatively. "I know," I said with a playful grin.
"You really have a great girlfriend, Bill. She's really amazing," Elise said with seriousness in her eyes. I nodded, grateful for her sincere words. There was a moment of silence between us, as if I didn't really want to hear those words.
I raised my glass in a silent toast to the special bond that Elise and I had built over time. Just at that moment, Elise tugged at my hand and dragged me back onto the dance floor.
The waiter passed by numerous times with a tray full of sparkling champagne glasses, alluringly shimmering in the soft light of the dance floor. Elise and I couldn't resist taking a new glass each time, getting carried away by the festive atmosphere and the joy of the moment.
As the night progressed, the bubbles of the champagne began to have their cheerful effect. The music seemed louder, the lights brighter, and the world around us transformed into a vibrant dance of colors and sounds.
We raised our glasses to all sorts of imaginary toasts: to friendship, to music, to life itself.
The lights in the hall turned on, signaling the end of the gala. Elise and I looked at each other, laughing, a trace of festive fatigue in our eyes. "Pff, I'm not done partying yet," Elise sighed, and I playfully gave her a small punch. "It's late enough. Let's go home," I suggested, laughing.
"Paul has arranged a hotel nearby for me. Will you come have a drink, please?" Elise looked at me with a pleading look to add some precious moments to the evening. I couldn't say no. "What's the worst that can happen?" I thought as I put my arm around her, and we walked together to the hotel.