Part Seventeen

Mel’s POV

Over the next week not much changed. The boys are still on tour, Sophia was still in a coma, the girls and I visited and talked to her every day and we rang the boys every night to let them know about Sophia's condition.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up on Saturday to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the clock to see it was mid-day. I answered my phone and put it to my ear. "Hello is this Melissa Partridge?" A woman asked on the other end of the phone.

"Yes, who am I speaking to?" I asked yawning.

"Sorry, it's the hospital," The woman said and my breath hitched.

“W-What’s going on? I-Is Sophia okay?” I stuttered in a panic.

“Yes, we’ve called to let you know that she’s awake, and she’s asking for you,” The lady said and I sighed in relief.

“Okay I’ll just get dressed then I’ll come down,” I said.

“Okay, but if you could hurry that’d be great… you see Sophia’s a bit distressed. We’re not sure why but she’s crying and she won’t stop,” The receptionist said.

“I’ll be right down,” I said and then hung up. I grabbed the first things I saw in my wardrobe threw them on whilst ringing Zayn and putting it on speaker.

“Hello?” Zayn answered the phone.

“Sophia’s awake!” I said whilst pulling on my skinny jeans.

“Mel that’s great!” Zayn said in a cheery voice, I could hear the boys in the background asking him what’s going on.

“I’ve got to get down the hospital now, they said she’s crying and asking for me; I think it’s because of-“ I was cut off.

“Me, it’s because of me isn’t it! Oh gosh what have a done!” Niall said in a panic… oh crap it was on speaker.

“Niall I’m sorry, don’t blame yourself, it was Courtney and I’ll tell Sophia that. Look I’ve got to go, I’ll call you later,” I said. We all said bye to each other then I ran out the room.

“Guys!” I screamed as loud as I could.

“What!” They all ran out of their rooms all in pyjamas.

“The hospital rang, Sophia’s awake, you guys get ready, I’ll meet you there,” I said and they nodded before I ran out of the house and jumped into a car and drove as fast as I could- breaking the speed limit- to the hospital.

Niall’s POV

We were all sat in the tour bus as we made our way to the next tour venue when Zayn’s phone started ringing.

“Hello?” Zayn answered it, then waited a few seconds, “Mel that’s great!” Zayn said smiling hugely.

“Zayn what’s going on?” Liam asked him.

“Dude, vas ‘appenin’,” Harry asked when Zayn didn’t reply.

“Zayn tell us what the heck is going on!” I said impatiently.

‘Sophia’s awake’ he mouthed and warmth spread through my body. She was okay. She’s going to be okay! I’d been worried since she walked in on Courtney kissing me. Then Zayn put his phone on speaker.

“I’ve got to get down the hospital now, they said she’s crying and asking for me; I think it’s because of-“ I cut Mel off.

“Me, it’s because of me isn’t it! Oh gosh what have a done!” I said in a panic, this is all my fault!