Part Sixty-Eight

Niall’s POV

“So, let’s get this party started,” Mel cheered and skipped out the room, before returning with pizzas.

“I’m coming up so you better get this party started!” Sophia sang loudly, Pink, Get This Party Started.

“I’m coming up, I’m coming,” I did the little background bit, joining in with Sophia.

“Making a connection as I enter the room,” Mel continued the song walking back in the room with the pizzas.

“Food!” I hollered; cutting of the singing, and dived towards the pizza tray. I grabbed multiple slices and shoved them all in my mouth.

Deliciousness.

“I’m not sure those are the next lyrics Niall,” Liam laughed and everyone joined in.

“Vateva, I as ung-y,” I said through a mouthful of food- I was trying to sat ‘Whatever, I was hungry’.

Everyone laughed again, but took slices for themselves and began to eat. Other than Sophia. Once I’d finished eating, I looked at Sophia. She hadn’t eaten anything.

I took her hand and led her out the room quietly, and un-noticed. I didn’t think she’d want to be the centre of attention whilst I’m talking to her about this.

“What’s going on?” She asked.

“I could ask you the same question,” I shot back.

“What are you talking about?” She avoided my gaze; knowing exactly what I meant.

“Sophia, I know you haven’t eaten anything,” I said, giving her a look, “You ate only one chip when we had the meal earlier, and you literally had no energy to walk at the foo.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” She lied; her voice barely above a whisper. I hate it when Sophia lies to me; it’s so obvious, because she isn’t the best liar, to be honest.

I just want her to know that she could talk to me about anything, and I wouldn’t judge her. I want her to know that I’d be here for her no matter what. I want her to know that I only want to what’s best for her and to help her. I want her to know that I love her.

Even now, when I tell her almost everyday that I love her, and she says it back, I can tell she doesn’t believe me. She doesn’t think she’s good enough for me. She thinks I deserve better.

But I love her; she is the girl I want to be with.

“Sophia, don’t lie to me, please. I just want to help you,” I whispered, placing my hand lightly on her cheek.

“I know,” She stepped back, away from me, and turned around, so her back was facing me.

“Then talk to me, please,” I begged. There was no way I was leaving until I knew she was going to be okay.

“I’m just worried is all,” She mumbled.

“About what?” I asked, stepping towards her.

“You going away… finding a pretty American girl,” She whispered, “There are so many pretty girls out there, but you picked me… and I’m not pretty, I’m not special… I’m just me… and I have put you through hell; I’m just scared of losing you, because I know, Niall. I know that I don’t deserve you, and one day you’re going to wake up and see me for who I am and regret everything… and then you’ll leave.”

“Sophia,” I whispered, a lump rising in my throat at her speech, “I do see you for who you really are, and that’s why I love you. Yes, there are lots of pretty girls in the world, but none of them are as amazing, beautiful, honest and loving as you. Sophia, you have put me through hell, but you know what? If I could go back… I wouldn’t change a thing. Because, it would mean that we might not be standing here, together, today. Yes, you were ill, but you’re getting better now, and that’s what counts. Yes, we’ve had our moments, but what couple doesn’t? We pulled through them though didn’t we, and that’s what matters the most, we pulled through them together. I don’t know what I’d do without you Sophia. You are gorgeous, you are special, and yes, you are a nuisance, but you’re my nuisance. You mean everything to me Sophia, and I am not going to let you go because I see some pretty American girl.”