Part Sixty-Seven

Sophia’s POV

“What do you think?” I asked them all after I explained my plan fully.

"Let's do this!" Lauren shouted loudly.

"They'll love it," Molly agreed.

“It’ll be a great way to say goodbye,” Beth smiled.

“Okay, so, we’re all on agreement that we are doing it?” I checked.

“Wait, wait!” Beth shouted, before anyone could answer me.

“What?” I asked her, frowning.

“I’ve always wanted to do this,” She grinned, before coughing dramatically.

“Everyone for Sophia’s plan, say ‘I’,” Beth said in a barrister’s voice.

“I” We all said laughing at Beth.

“It seems the ‘I’s have it,” Beth announced, “The plan will go ahead.”

“Perfect,” Molly grinned, as the rest of us couldn’t speak as we were laughing too much. We all tried to breath normally and calm down a bit, so we could organise ourselves and get this show on the road.

"Okay, so I'll do food," Mel finally began to organise us all, "Sophia get the duvets from each of our rooms, and the pillows. Molly, Beth and Lauren, you move the furniture in the lounge and pick a DVD to watch."

"Then we'll all text the boys the cover story," I added on the end of Mel's small speech.

"Okay, I'm down with that," Lauren smiled.

“I’m not,” Beth cut in.

“What’s wrong now?” I asked.

“The plan doesn’t have a name,” She said and we all gave her quizzical looks.

“What on Earth are you on about?” Molly asked.

“Well, all good plans must have a name… we shall call this plan… The Goodbye Plan,” Beth said.

“Very imaginative,” I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

“I know,” She grinned, taking me seriously.

“Does she not know sarcasm?" I whispered the Lauren, who burst out laughing. It wasn’t that funny. Lauren was laughing so much that she did one of her infamous snorts. This just cracked us all up.

"Let's do this mother hulker!" Beth shouted; making us stop laughing and split up. Mel into the kitchen, Molly, Lauren and Beth into the lounge and me upstairs.

I went through each room grabbing any duvets, pillows and blankets I saw, throwing them into the hallway. Once I'd gone through everyone's rooms and all the things were in the hallway, I got on my hands and knees, placing my head against the duvets and arms on either side of the load; then I crawled forward, pushing the duvets along in front of me. They began to topple and I realised I was at the stairs.

I stood up and brushed myself off. I skipped down the stairs, kicking stray items down as I went. When I reached the bottom I was stuck with the dilemma of how to move the bedding into the lounge. I glared at the huge mountain on the floor for a while.

"Need some help?" Someone asked, laughing lightly.

"Please," I smiled back at Molly.  She opened her arms wide and bent down, scooping a bundle of the bedding up and then waddled into the lounge. I followed her lead and carried the other half of the mountain into the lounge as well. I dumped them on the floor in the middle of the room. The sofas had been pushed to the side, right back against the walls.