Part Nineteen

Sophia’s POV

“Mel!” I shouted and sat up suddenly.

“What?” She shouted from where she was in the kitchen.

“It’s September 29th!” I screamed and jumped up and down.

“Oh my gosh yes!” She shouted and ran in to the lounge grinning, then her smile dropped and she gave me that sarcastic look, you know what I’m talking about, everyone’s either received or given it at one point in their life, “So?”

“Tomorrow is September 30th!” I said getting more excited.

“Well done, you know the dates in a year,” Lauren clapped sarcastically walking in the room.

“No, I mean it’s Feel Good Day!” I persisted, ignoring their sarcastic comments.

“Oh my gosh yes!” Mel shouted, but she was being serious this time, not sarcastic, whereas the other girls looked at us in confusion.

“What is Feel Good Day?” Molly asked.

“It’s a day where you wear a plain white shirt that in black has one thing you are insecure about; Mel and I have been doing it for years, since I was ten I think,” I said.

“Then you say why you are insecure about it and we tell you why you shouldn’t be insecure about it and then help you get over the insecurity,” Mel said.

“So, you three have to do it with us,” I instructed.

“Hell yeah, it sounds like fun,” Beth grinned.

“Right, let’s go organise the shirts,” Mel smiled.

“Oh and you’re not allowed to tell anyone your insecurity until tomorrow, when we see the shirts,” I said before we all split off in different directions.

Lauren’s POV

I can’t believe it, I’m so excited. I’ve been waiting a whole month for this day! Harry’s coming! He’s coming over for almost three days! It’s going to be so good!

I jumped out of bed and into my shower; I took a long shower and washed my hair. I had to be perfect for Harry. Perfect… What even is perfect?

I sighed and go out the shower, wrapping a towel around myself. I walked into my bedroom and over to my wardrobe deciding what to wear.

I pulled out some underwear, and black leggings and I was deciding my top when I remembered Sophia and Mel’s Feel Good Day thing. I had to wear the shirt with my insecurity written on it. I pulled on my clothes and then walked over to the shirt.

I stared at it for ages reading the one word over and over again. My insecurity… the one little word that controls my life… ‘fat’. I pulled the shirt on and stared at myself in the mirror. Time to face my insecurity.

I heard the doorbell go and all worried thoughts about today vanished and replaced with the excitement of seeing my amazing boyfriend again.

I ran across the room and was in such a hurry to get out the room I forgot to open the door and ran full sprint into my bedroom door. I smacked into the door and stumbled backwards for a second before falling on my arse.

“Oh sh*t!” I screamed holding my nose and lying back on the floor. That really hurt.

“Lauren!” I heard people shout then someone run up the stairs. I heard the door open but didn’t move, I was in too much pain to move.

“Lauren are you okay?” Harry came to my side.

“Mm,” I groaned.

“You want me to kiss it better?” He asked with a cheeky smile.