Part Fifty-Five

Beth’s POV

Silence.

She’s not moving…

Is she breathing?

She’s not even blinking…

Is she in shock?

She seems like frozen…

Is she dead?

“Mother?” I asked quietly.

She blinked.

She blinked. She’s alive!

“B-Boyfriend?” She stuttered out. Wow, my mother is lost for words… well, there’s a first for everything.

“Yes ma’am, and I’m lucky to have someone as amazing as your daughter as my girlfriend,” Louis smiled and held his hand out to my mother. My mother turned and fixed her gaze on Louis, then his hand and then back to his face.

You know that awkward moment when someone holds out there hand for someone else to shake… and they don’t, then the hands is just awkwardly dangling in the air waiting to be shook. Yeah? That was happening now. When my mother didn’t make any attempt to shake Louis’ hand he looked at me and I shrugged, so he just put his hand down.

“No,” She whispered in shock.

“Nice to know that my own mother doesn’t think I can get a boyfriend,” I muttered under my breath and Louis started laughing. I elbowed him discreetly in the ribs and he covered his laugh with a cough. “Sorry, he’s got a cold,” I said, shooting Louis a look telling him to behave. He just smiled sheepishly back at me.

“So, why did I get called here?” I asked, letting go of Louis’ hand and walking further into the room, where the rest of my family were having their own conversations.

“Hello,” Jonathon (my oldest brother, and the one that called this mandatory family dinner) smiled and walked over to me.

“Hello John,” I smiled, knowing he hated being called ‘John’.

“Bethany, you brought a friend,” He forced through gritted teeth.

“My names Louis,” Louis held out his hand, but again, there was that awkward moment when Jonathon didn’t go to shake it.

“I’m glad you came,” Jonathon said to me.

“Well, I’ll be glad when I can leave, the only reason I came is because Louis said he’d come with me,” I shrugged.

“Bethany,” Charles (my second brother, older than me, but younger than Jonathon) approached me.

“Charles,” I glared at him. I’d always hated him more than the others, we’d never got on.

“Let’s just get this over with,” I said, “What’s this ‘important’ news?”

“Not yet daughter, let’s have dinner first,” My father said a little harshly and gestured us to sit at the table. It was only then that I noticed a boy about my age and a woman about Charles’ age with us. Who were they? I guess I’ll find out soon. I took a seat next to Louis and opposite the unknown boy; he was smiling at me as if I was some sort of prize. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I slipped it out under the table.

From LouisSexPants; whos the dude staring at choo? x

I looked up at Louis and shrugged, mouthing ‘I have no clue’. He replied with a nod, and squeezed my hand under the table; I smiled at him.