Part Twenty-Eight

Sophia’s POV

We were all glammed up in new dresses and the boys in new suits and ties and smart clothes. We were going to the Brit Awards. The boys had been nominated a while back for Best British Single for, What Makes You Beautiful. I hope they get it, they deserve it, I know every one of the people in the category deserves it though. It’s going to be a close one, but I’m rooting for my boys.

They were up against:

Adele- Someone Like You

Ed Sheeran- A Team

Example- Changed The Way You Kissed Me

Jessie J feat B.O.B- Price Tag

JLS feat Dev- She Makes Me Wanna

Military Wives/Gareth Malone- Wherever You Are

Olly Murs feat Rizzle Kicks- Heart Skips A Beat

Pixis Lott- All About Tonight

The Wanted- Glad You Came

I love all of those songs and artists, well except the Military Wives song, I didn’t really like that one to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I understood and respected what they were doing it for, I just wasn't keen on the song.

Anyway, we all piled into the limo that was picking us up and driving us to the awards. We were all buzzing, especially the boys, who were very nervous. We sang along to some tunes which we were blasting out the stereo during the journey.

When we arrived Niall wrapped his arm around my waist as we got out the limo, I saw each of the boys doing it to their girlfriends as well. Then we all had to walk down the red carpet- that’s what I was most nervous about, what if I trip and make a fool out of myself?

“Please don’t let me trip,” I whispered to Niall and he chuckled.

“I promise I won’t,” He kissed my cheek and the ten of us made our way down the red carpet together. We had to stop for a lot of pictures, the boys had some together, then some with us, and they had to do a quick interview thing and the interviewer person asked us girls some questions as well, they also had to sign a few autographs. All in all it was a lot of fun.

When we got inside the boys split off from us, they had to sit at this table on the floor, whereas we had seats on the tiered seating around the edge. We didn’t mind though. We kissed them goodbye quickly; we were a little late so we had to hurry to our seats. The show began and it was extremely interesting. We watched as they showed the nominations and I must admit- I didn’t know everyone- then they read out the winner for that category.

“And the winner for the Best British Single is…” The presenter said and all of us girls were clutching each other’s hands tightly. I don’t know about the others but I was holding my breath in anticipation.

One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful! One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful! One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful!

I chanted over and over in my head as the tension built up in the room and the silence was sickening. Come on say it already. It honestly felt like a lifetime before they read out the winner but eventually it came.

“One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful!” James Cordon, the presenter shouted out and I jumped up screaming along with the rest of the girls. We saw the boys and they looked in utter shock. They went up on stage and began to read their speech.

“I want to start off by saying, this award is for the fans,” Louis began, “We’d be absolutely nowhere without them, so thank you so much.”