Part Thirty-Six

Mel’s POV

We walked into Universal after paying for our tickets. “What are we going on first?” Molly asked, smiling hugely.

“Dora the Explorer!” Lauren shouted suddenly. We all turned to where she was pointing and a giant Dora the Explorer (obviously a person in a costume) was walking down the street. In less than two seconds of the sentence being said, Lauren, Harry, Beth and Louis had run over to her and were asking for a photo.

“Can we go Harry Potter World?” I asked.

“Sure, if we can get this lot away from Dora,” Zayn laughed wrapping his arm around my waist. Molly and Liam sighed and walked over to where the others were harassing Dora, Niall followed them. I saw Sophia watch him go with tears in her eyes.

I don’t understand why Molly told the others to ignore Sophia; she didn’t do anything with Harry. She wouldn’t. They’ve all over-reacted, Sophia’s not like that, she’s been cheated on herself, she knows what it feels like. Niall should trust her, Lauren should trust her and Harry. She’s my cousin, she’s my family. I know her better than anyone. I did try telling the others, but they didn’t listen to me, well, except Zayn.

“Come on,” Zayn said tugging my after the others. I can’t let them do this to her, I can see it’s killing her, she’s so upset. They might be able to ignore her, but I can’t, I love her. And if that means them ignoring me to, then fine.

“No,” I shook my head and Zayn looked at me funny, “You can go, I’m going to talk to Sophia.”

“But-“ He started and I cut him off.

“No Zayn, you lot might be able to ignore her, but I can’t. She’s my cousin, and I can’t stand to see her like this. I’m sorry Zayn, but I’ll always put my family first. If that means that you ignore me too, and we’re over, then fine, you are obviously not the boy I fell in love you,” I said and walked away from him, instantly regretting what I said. I shouldn’t have said that last bit. I love him I really do, if he really does say we’re over, I don’t know what I’ll do.

“M-Mel?” Sophia looked shocked as I jogged over to her, she was sitting on a bench watching us.

“Hey Soph,” I smiled and sat next to her. I saw Zayn watching us, but I didn’t want to look him in the eyes, so I turned to face Sophia.

“What are you doing?” She asked me, looking confused.

“Talking to my cousin,” I laughed, “I’m so sorry, I don’t know why they are doing this, they know nothing happened, but I don’t even know what’s going on. They’re ignoring you, and I couldn’t do that, remember when you were five and I was seven, and we promised that no matter what happens we’ll always stick up for each other?”

“Yes…” She trailed off, smiling.

*Flashback*

“Mel,” Sophia turned to me.

“Yes Soph?” I smiled turning to her.