Part Eighteen

Sophia’s POV

“Sophia, I’m glad you text me; I actually need to talk to you,” Louis said watching me carefully, and taking my hand in his across the table.

“Okay…” I smiled, nodding for him to continue.

“You know when we were at the club…” He stared at me for a moment, then continued, “When you walked in on Courtney kissing Ni-"

“Stop,” I begged him, “Please don’t say his name, it hurts too much.”

"But Sophia, Ni-" I cut him off again.

"Please Louis, I didn't ask you to meet me here to talk about 'that'. If you only came here to try and get me back with 'him' then you can leave because I wouldn't get back with 'him' if he was the last boy on Earth. He seriously hurt me Lou, I trusted him, do you know how much that meant for me to let down my walls... I told him stuff I hadn't told anyone else," I said a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I understand Soph," Louis leant over the table and wiped the tear away with his thumb, "So why did you need to see me?"

"Oh, you know how Beth's birthday is on the 1st October, well we're all helping her organise the party, I'm on invite and cake duty, I thought you could help me?" I smiled hopeful.

"I'd love to," He grinned.

"Okay well the cake shops just down the road, and the printing shop is two doors down from it," I said and he nodded standing up.

"Let's go," He grinned and we headed to the door.

I pulled open the door and stopped. There was a swarm of paps outside the door, how did we not notice them before the door is practically glass. I turned around about to tell Louis to go back into the cafe but he was already out.

"Louis are you dating Sophia now?"

"What happened to Beth?"

"Does Niall know?"

"Does Beth know?"

"What do your band mates think?"

"Sophia are you in it for the money and fame?"

"Sophia are you making your way through all the boys?"

Questions fired at us, each of them like a knife in the stomach. Why the heck would Lou and I be together? He has a girlfriend who happens to be my best friend; also, I've just broke up with my boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, who happens to be Lou's best friend and band mate. Stupid people.

"Stay close," Lou whispered taking my hand.

Our bodies were so close to everyone else’s around, and boy were some of these paps sweaty. We pushed our way through the people, Louis guiding us. Once we were on the other side of the people we sprinted to the cake shop, this time me leading. When we ran in the shop we locked the door behind us so the paps couldn't get in.

We sighed and then turned to face the confused lady at the desk.n"Erm, are you Louis Tomlinson?" The lady asked.

"Yes, sorry about that," Louis smiled.

"It's alright, but erm, I thought you had a girlfriend..." The lady frowned.

"I do," He smiled proudly. Aw how cute.

"Does she know?" The lady stared at our entwined hands.

"Oh no, we're not... We were just..." I rambled on as we let go of each other’s hands quickly.

"It's not what it looks like... Sophia... I love Beth..." Louis rambled on at the same time as me.

"I understand but they might not," The lady nodded towards the paps who were taking pictures through the windows.