Part Forty-One

Liam’s POV

We were finally back at the house, it took longer than expected to get back because we lost Harry and Lauren- I’m still not sure where they went, I’ll ask Harry later, but when they came back Lauren looked very happy, so happy I think she’d been crying. I just shrugged it off and left them to it.

We went back to the girls house because it was closest. When we got there we put a DVD on, it was Tangled the Disney movie. It made all us boys laugh that the girls knew all the words to the songs and could quote the whole movie.

“Oh my Thor!” Beth shouted and we all looked at her strangely as the credits rolled on the screen.

“What?” Louis asked her.

“We didn’t get to see you at the KCAs and we’ve been so busy we didn’t watch it on the television! How was it?” She looked mortified that she hadn’t thought of it sooner. The realisation hit the other girls and they burst out into a babble of apologise, whilst us boys just laughed at them.

“Girls, it’s fine, we understand, you had a lot on your plates,” I laughed.

“I’m so sorry Liam,” Molly apologised again.

“It’s okay, and it went really well,” Harry grinned.

“We’ll have to watch it on youtube,” Lauren said, I noticed Sophia looking at the floor, with tears in her eyes, I looked to Molly and she nodded to me, before moving off my lap. I shuffled over to where Sophia was sat on the floor and put my arm around her, pulling her into a hug, as they others carried on talking about the Kids Choice Award performance we did in America.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered as we hugged. She was still very skinny, I noticed as I had my arms wrapped around her.

“It’s all my fault we missed your performance,” She sniffed and a tear escaped her eye.

“No, no it’s not,” I said and shook my head.

“Yes it is, if I hadn’t ran off we could have gone to see you perform at the KCAs or at least the other girls could have,” She sniffed again and I wiped her tears away with my thumb.

“But then you’d still have been ill and we might not have found out, not until it was too late. I know that I speak for the lads as well when I say this Soph, we’d rather you were okay and safe than coming to see one of our performances,” I smiled at her.

“But it wasn’t just one performance it was at the Kids Choice Awards,” She said adamantly.

“It doesn’t matter where we perform it Sophia, they’ll still be our songs and we’d still rather you were safe. We’d rather none of your girls see us live ever again than any of you being ill or hurt,” I smiled at her.

“Thank you,” She sniffed and hugged me tightly.