Part Sixty-Six

Sophia’s POV

"Hey guys! Look! It says he's called Elmo!" I pointed out a sign that said the name of one of the nearby elephants.

"Elmo the elephant?" Harry laughed, and Liam got out his camera to do some more recording.

"Where's Niall?" I asked.

"Gone to get food," Zayn answered.

"Nothing new there then," I mumbled and the others laughed.

"Do you think he'll come over if I shout him?" I asked suddenly.

"Sure, he's your boyfriend, unless he has found food, then maybe not..." Liam said.

"No, I mean Elmo the elephant, you silly billy," I laughed lightly.

"Oh... well, maybe," Liam shrugged.

"Elmo! Elmo! Here boy! Come on boy! Over here! Elmo!" I shouted; waving my hands around, trying to get Elmo's attention.

"What's she doing?" Niall came back, hands full of ice cream.

"Hey Niall!" I smiled.

"She's trying to get the elephants attention," Zayn explained.

"Ah," Niall nodded, "Ice cream?"

"Yes!" The boys shouted and took one.

"Sophia," Niall said.

"Fine, I'll have it," I muttered; knowing what he wanted. I didn’t want an ice cream, but Niall’s just worried about me, I guess. I went over and took one of the two ice creams in his hand. I slowly licked it once and then went back to Elmo, as I saw he was plodding his way over.

"Guys! Look! He's coming to me!" I shouted jumping up and down, smiling widely.

"Sophia..." Niall's eyes widened.

"Niall he likes me! Look everybody!" I shouted; turning back to face the boys, who were all watching me with wide eyes.

"Sophia, carefully walk this way," Liam muttered.

"He's saying hello," I smiled as Elmo reached his trunk over the wired fence.

"Sophia," The boys started to panic.

"Hello Elmo," I cooed and stroked his trunk. His trunk wrapped around the ice cream in my other hand and he took it from me. "My ice cream!" I frowned. I know I didn’t want it, but that was just rude. The elephant made a laughing noise and I glared at him.

He did not just go there. Oh it’s on. "Oh no you did not just laugh at me," I glared at Elmo. He laughed at me again. I stormed over to the gateway into the elephant pen.

"Sophia! Sophia what are you doing?" Harry shouted after me. I took a stronger grip of the gate and hauled myself up. I began to climb it, whilst the boys shouted at me to get down, and ran over to me. I jumped down off the gate and landed inside the elephant pen.

"Sophia get out of there!" Liam shouted at me.

"Now Elmo, you listen here," I shouted at the elephant standing tall in front of me, "That was my ice cream; you do not just take things from people, that isn't even yours! Now Elmo, give me back my ice cream! Now!"

He then dropped my ice cream on the muddy floor.

"You mean mean elephant! How dare you? I was going to be your friend! No wonder you're such a loner and all the other elephants are staying away from you," I shouted angrily, gesturing to the other elephants that were in a group far away from us.