Mystery Meat: Part 2

.

.

.

At school, Danny was talking to Sam and Tucker while heading to their next class.

"I think I should tell them," Danny had started to say before Sam cut in.

"Why? Parents don't listen even worse they don't understand. WHY CAN'T THEY ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM?!" She ended up yelling.

"Sam? I'm talking about my powers, my problems," Danny says, giving her a blank look.

"Oh right...Me too," Sam muttered apologeticly.

"It's been a month since the accident and I still barely have any control. If somebody catches me I'll go from geek to freak around here," Danny said as he started to go through the stairs.

"Kinda like whatcha doing now?" Tucker had asked as Danny lifted an eyebrow before panicking.

Sam and Tucker pull Danny up before he phases downstairs.

"Oh darn it. If my Dad can invent something that accidentally made me a half-ghost why can't he invent something that turns me back to normal?" Danny pouts as he unwillingly goes intangible and walks through the Tasty Snax vending machine.

.

.

.

I walk through the halls after getting out of my last class my train of thought goes to my ghost powers and what I should do. I had managed to gain a little control over my powers but obviously, it wasn't much as shown by this morning's mistake.

"Gah!" I gasp as my foot goes intangible, making me trip over myself and I fall to my knees soon muttering under my breath as I glare at my foot. "Great. Having no control means inconvenience in my life."

I scoured the lab and listened to most of Mr. Fenton's lectures about ghosts and his ghost equipment to see if he had anything to change me back to normal but there seemed to be no way to revert back to normal permanently. I thought about telling my parents multiple times since they could help me find a way to turn back but then I'm reminded of how excited Mr. and Mrs. Fenton get about directing ghosts and I worry they convince my parents to dissect me. I shake the cruel thought out of my head as I begin to round the corner but stop when I hear Tucker ask a question about me.

"Well, are you at least going to tell (y/n)?" Tucker asks.

"No! I don't want to lie to her especially since she's a friend but I don't want to scare her away," Danny stated with worry in his voice.

Danny's hiding something from me? Something that will scare me away? Do Tucker and Sam know his secret? Then why doesn't it scare them away?

I think as I listen to the rest of their conversations.

"Danny your powers make you unique. Unique is good. That's why I'm an ultra recyclo-vegetarian," Sam said looking proud of herself.

"Which means what?" Tuck asks and Danny answers for her.

"She doesn't eat anything with a face on it."

"Who cares about that stuff? Danny two words: meat connoisseur."

Hearing their previous conversation come to a close I approach wondering what Sam meant by Danny's powers make him unique.

Tucker starts sniffing the air around Danny. "Last night you had a Sloppy Joe, and (y/n)?" He turns to sniff at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he sniffed.

"Sniffing out what you had for dinner...Steak/ no meat," He answers giving me a look of approval/disappointment.

"Impressive," Danny smirks while I give him a confused slightly impressed look.

"How could you even smell that?"

Tucker smirked at us and stated "Meat heightens the senses. My all-meat streak is fourteen years strong."

"It's about to end. The school board finally agreed to try a new cafeteria menu. I wore them down," Sam said crossing her arms in triumph.

Walking up to her I pat her on the back and congratulate her. "Nice job Sam it's about time they started serving some healthy foods."

Tucker was shocked as he stuttered "W-Wait. What did you do?"

~

Lunch time comes and we grab our lunch trays and stare at the questionable meal.

"What is this? Grass on a bun?" Danny asked looking at the mown grass pile on a slice of bread.

"No, grass on untoasted bread," I purse my lips, not expecting the changes Sam wanted to make so extreme.

Looking like he was about to cry Tucker yelled at Sam. "What have you done?"

With a smirk, Sam states, "It's time for a change."

.

.

.

Back at Fenton Works the Fenton portal opens once again on its own letting out the Lunch Lady ghost who smiles muttering to herself. "Oh somebody changed the menu," She floats away with ease undetected by the Fentons or (l/n)s.

"Maybe this is a bad idea?" Maddie said with worry in her voice, understanding the weapon they were making could hurt Jazz.

"No this is perfect. When Jazz gets home we suck the ghost out of her with the Fenton Extractor," He said while holding up a strange-looking vacuum while (m/n) and (d/n) started to take their notes as usual.

"But what if Jazz isn't a ghost? What if we accidentally hurt her?" Maddie continued talking about her worries.

"Maddie the Fenton Extractor doesn't hurt humans...Unless it gets in your hair," Jack said trying to reassure his wife before it ripped his hair off. "See?"

"That would make it not safe from humans Jack," (d/n) chuckled.

.

.

.

Danny, Tucker, and I stare at the grass toast on our trays trying to find the will to eat our so-called lunch.

"Don't you think this is a little extreme Sam?" Danny asked Sam looking at his spoonful of dirt.

"I'm all for eating healthy and all but they're serving us literal dirt and mud," I had chimed in, frowning in disgust at the worm digging out of the dirt on my plate.

Before she could answer us Mr. Lancer walked up grabbing her shoulder.

"Ah, Miss. Manson the school board wanted me to personally thank you for ushering in this welcome experiment to our cafeteria," He said with a wide grin until Tucker started sniffing the air.

"Meat near," He muttered before glaring at Mr. Lancer.

Mr. Lancer backed up a bit in a panic as he tried to explain. "No no, the rumors about the all-steak buffet in the teacher's lounge are completely untrue. Thanks again," He said before taking his leave.

"Yea, Sam thanks again for making us eat garbage!" Tucker hissed bitterly.

Last Edit -June 15, 2021

Revised - March 23, 2024

Old Author's note -

Author: sorry for the delay of this chapter I thought I posted it but apparently I didn't so you also have the next chapter.