Maternal Instincts: Part 6

"Maddie, Daniel, (y/n), (f/n), you've returned to me," Vlad says excitedly, checking his watch as he murmurs to me and Danny "And not a moment too soon." "Kids, go somewhere else while the adults talk," Maddie told us giving Vlad a flirtatious look and his face dropped. "Sure, you guys get cozy, if you need me I'll be over there...barfing." Danny said walking away with me in tow stating while gagging "I'll join you."

Inside our parents were on the couch with Vlad as he told them "Maddie, (f/n) you must be exhausted, carrying the weight of that mistake you made years ago." "We all make mistakes Vlad, maybe I'll make one now," Maddie said before sucking her breath in through her teeth as she watched Vlad prepare.

He leans in for the kiss and she puts her finger on his lips stating "I couldn't possibly, I've been in the woods all night. I have to freshen up." Maddie then gets up and walks to the door, dad soon joining her saying "And I'll look for the yearbook so we can talk about the good old days." "I shall wait...With bated breath." Vlad called back as Dad tells me and Danny "Keep old bait breath entertained until we can find a phone." I watch our parents walk down the hall before sneaking in the hall myself, which caught Danny's attention as he walks into the hall to see me about to unlock the Spector Deflector.

 "(y/n), what are you doing?" He asks and I respond with "Isn't it obvious? I'm taking off the belt." I go to unlock it again when Danny grabs the key away from me and I arch an eyebrow at him in question. "You shouldn't do that, those ghost animals are still searching for us and that belt keeps you safe and I wanna make sure you're safe." He told me and my face instantly starts to heat up, mouth slightly agape.

"Well, I...Uh...I appreciate it but you were about to do the same thing too." I point out, grabbing the key behind his back. "Hey! Give that back!" "Once you give me my key back." "(y/n) you don't understand, I NEED that key." "And I need THAT key, but you don't see me questioning why you need the belt off so why question me?"

I ask crossing my arms as he continues to try and convince me to give him the key. "That belt is for your own protection and if I'm going to protect you, Mom and your dad I need this belt off."

He exclaims to me and I feel the heat rush up to my cheeks once again. "Danny, I don't know if it's something with the programming or what but the belt has been shocking me and whatever Plasmius did must be blocking the shock or whatever and I'd like to not be zapped like a bug in a bug zapper at midnight, it's been happening to you too, hasn't it? That's why you want the belt off."

I state as I grab Danny's shoulders and continue "So if you really want to protect me, you'll give me back the key and I'll give you back the key." Danny lets out a sigh, a slight blush appearing as he hesitantly gives me the key and I give him his. He rushes back into the room to take off the belt as I take of mine and wait till I can go ghost as Danny began to mumble "Parents gone, which means time to spend a little quality time with Uncle Vlad...But first," Danny pulls back the handle clock by 15 minutes as he then walks up to Vlad. "Hey um...Uncle Vlad?" "Oh please, Daniel don't try to butter me up, especially for your powers being shorted out for another 15 minutes. Your barley a threat to me with them, without them. Why I wouldn't need 15 seconds would I?" Vlad exclaims, eyes flashing red as Danny gives a quick smirk before his face was filled with shock. "How can you say that?"

Danny asked defensively as he stated "You think my Mom made the decision to come back on her own? Huh, we're a family, we both talked about it last night and I wanna stay with you here too." Danny finished with a smile as he crossed his arms, Vlad getting up excitedly, a tear escaping his eye as he asked "Really? You don't mean..." "Yes, I do! C'mon, give me a big hug, new Dad!" Vlad goes in for the hug and Danny puts on the Spector Deflector and Vlad is shocked as he exclaimed "You little rat, you tricked me. You know what that'll mean for you don't you?" 

Danny takes a quick glance at his watch as it turns to midnight stating "Oh yeah," Danny goes ghost as he finishes his sentence. "A much fairer fight." Vlad transforms into Plasmius and I rush in putting my Spector Deflector on him as well as he starts getting electrocuted before landing on the ground with a growl.

We take the chance to bodyslam Vlad through the mantle of the fireplace as Danny questions "(s/n), how'd you get here?" Having enough with answering that question I give a quick reply. "I won't question how you get to these fights if you won't question how I get to these fights, deal?" "Deal." Meanwhile, Maddie and dad began searching through the house for a phone, opening and closing one door after the other.