Life Lessons: Part 7

As we walked closer to the edge of Skulker's island, we began surveying the damage done to the sacks. "At least they stopped crying. I guess I was kinda harsh on you two before, I never thought a ghost could be anything but trouble." Valerie stated giving us an apologetic look. "That's because you never bothered to get to know one." Danny pointed out and I chimed in with "And we didn't exactly get a good first impression of each other. Truce?" 

She looks at our outstretched hands and shakes them, muttering "For now, get me out of this Ghost World and we'll see how long it lasts." "Zone, it's more of a zone; but if you insist, we're gonna have to do it my way though."

Danny corrected Valerie before overshadowing her as we began to fly back to the Fenton portal, once we made it back home Danny turns to me and states "I'll take her home, you should probably head home and salvage whatever you can from your sack."

I nod and watch as he flies away before flying into my room, transforming and pull out my small first-aid kit and start patching up the small rips in the sack while Danny takes Valerie home, presses the button to take her suit off and lay her in bed as he stops overshadowing her when he notices the Nasty Ned costume on the floor. "Now to get out of here before she-Oh man, you gotta be kidding me..."

He picks up the costume when he hears Valerie yawn as she starts to wake up; Danny quickly hides behind the costume and transforms as Valerie shouts "Wha?! Who's there?!" "Uh sorry, the door was open, and uh according to your chart it's my turn to take the 'baby' and-" Danny revealed himself and tried to explain when Valerie quickly got up and ripped the costume out of Danny's hands, shouting again.

"AH! Give me that! And you better not tell anybody, I MEAN IT, YOU BETTER NOT!" Danny looks at the costume again, a wave of guilt washing over him for giving Valerie a hard time. "I won't tell anybody, wow this is like the worst job ever, I didn't know this was the job you were talking about."

"That's cuz you never bothered to get to know me." "Yeah your right, and I'm supposed to be the good guy." Danny muttered, causing Valerie to ask "Huh?" "Uh nothing, nothing so um, maybe I can make it up to you?" Danny asked giving his apology and Valerie raised the destroyed sack stating "You can start by not getting mad." We were at school the next day, specifically, our health class were only Sam, Danny, Valerie, and I got a good grade. "FENTON! GREY! Your flower sack is a disgrace, but seeing as it's not part of a cookie, I'm giving you a C," Valerie and Danny give each other a smile as Testlaff turns her attention to me. "(l/n)! Your sack is a little beat up but I'm assuming that's from Kwan and since you did patch up your 'child' I'm giving you an A."

I throw my fists in the air, I was in a little disbelief that I got an A since what the sack had actually been through but was still happy none the less as Testlaff went to Sam. "Manson, for exemplamary parenting skills, if questionable taste in make-up, I'm also awarding you an A. As for you Mr. Daycare..." Testlaff trailed off as she began to lecture Tucker while Sam hugged her 'baby' and we high fived each other. After school Tucker was forced to re-pay everyone's money back as he put up a Flour Power Daycare going out of business sign and he said goodbye to the money. "Gonna miss you Alexander and Andrew, and especially you Benjamin."

 After handing everyone their money back, Tuck started taking the sign down when Sam and I came up, Sam holding the sack in the baby carrier Tucker had been using. "Cheer up Tuck, you can still visit Lileth on weekends." "Sam it's just a flour sack." Tucker told her tossing the sign away as it made contact with someone and we heard Danny shout.

"Hey! Watch where your throwing that, show a little respect huh?" I give a quizzical look at Nasty Ned as I ask "Wait...Danny?" We walk up to him as he explains, throwing the sign off him. "Yeah, the other day I was such a jerk to- The uh...Person who wore this thing, I figured I should give that person thee day off." "Aw, your not half bad Danny," Sam said before whispering to him 
"Maybe some day Valerie will figure out the other half isn't ether."

"I didn't say it was Valerie." "You didn't say it wasn't. Relax I'm sure where ever she is, she's finally enjoying herself." Sam said with a smug smile and I crossed my arms with a nod, I had given my own little apology from any times I'd been hard on Valerie. Of course, she didn't know it was from me or (s/n) for that matter, Danny didn't even know what I did. 

What I had done was written her a note in a random font so she couldn't trace it back to me and told her where she could find the Box ghost, who I had taken the librety of telling Danny I'd hunt down and then tasked Valerie with hunting down. I smile at the thought of how much fun she's having right now and boy were we right about her having fun because in a nearby forest she was chasing the Box ghost while blasting him, having the time of her life as she shouted: "Your going down!"