One of Kind: Part 2

.

.

.

"That's great about the magazine sweetie but your father and I are a team. I think that besides every genius woman, there's a genius man," Maddie told Jazz setting the magazine down when Jack came up and grabbed her. 

"Which should be standing by her on the cover of Genius Magazine! The world needs to know the Fentons and (l/n)s are families of geniuses!" Jack stated while (m/n) nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm only a genius because of my research and most of my research came from (d/n)." 

.

.

.

At school, we looked over our recent report cards in the library for Study Hall. "I got a D! All this ghost hunting is taking away my study time," Danny grumbled under his breath as I approached.

"At least you got higher than me Mr. Lancer said if I got one more question wrong I would have an F," I reassured him, showing my report card, ghost hunting had been affecting my grades as well.

Looking at Danny's and my report cards Tuck stated, "So much for the Fentons and (l/n)s being families of geniuses." 

"I can't get a D in biology my parents will kill me!" Danny said looking down at his grade. 

"Heh, that sounds better than having your parents breathing down your neck until you get a better grade," I told Danny sighing in sadness, ever since I started ghost hunting my parents had been keeping an eye on me because to them I've been addicting different since we moved.

 With a smile on her face, Sam said, "Not if you pull your grades up! You could do an extra credit biology assignment on this magnificent creature!"

Walking to the computer Danny and I take a closer look at the screen and ask in unison "A purple back gorilla?" 

"Yep extremely rare, only two left, both male after this they're gone forever which is why you two are going to prove he deserves to be set free."

Crossing my arms I asked Sam, "But if the gorilla was set free and if they are going extinct won't setting them free put them in danger?"  

Danny quickly chimed in pointing out: "Plus I don't have time for extra credit or your agendas."

"Actually you do. You just need to learn how to manage it better. I've decided to become your time manager. It's the least I could do after what Sam did last night," Tuck says, pulling out his PDA.

 Sam and I glared at Tucker for blaming her as Danny took a breath. "I don't know." 

"It'll be my job to keep track of both of your schedules so you can do your school work and do your extracurricular activities."

"Remember what happened when I let you manage the other thing I trusted you with?"

 Typing something down on his PDA and then showing it to Danny, Tuck said "I've already scheduled: Remember not to let Tucker handle the other thing." 

Sighing I state, "I suppose we could have a trial period."

 Danny nodded in agreement while Tucker told us "See? I've also scheduled some zoo time so we can check out that gorilla, let's go!"

With that decided we all head to the zoo.

.

.

.

The mysterious ghost hunter from that night entered the library and took a look at the computer screen. "Hm? So this is your prey eh ghost children?" 

While studying the gorilla on the screen a boy walked up to the hunter and asked, "Excuse me, sir? Are you finished with the computer?"

 Using the weapons on his wrists the hunter shot the boy as he was flown onto the wall trapped in ectoplasm. 

"You thought you could sneak up on me?! Skulker?! Ghost World's greatest predator?!"

The boy answered with a scream.

"Quiet. We're in a library," Skulker shushed the boy before covering his mouth with ectoplasm.

 Skulker flew off as Dash and one of his friends walked into the library noticing the boy. 

"Woah you do that?" Dash asked his friend with an evil smile. 

Shaking his head the friend responded, "Nope, but I can always stop and appreciate high-quality bullying."

They looked back at the boy as he was set free and fell to the ground.

.

.

.

 It was late at night and by now Sam, Tucker, Danny, and I had been at the zoo studying the purple-back gorilla, Sampson for six hours.

"There he is Sampson so...Gifted so...Majestic," Sam stated as we watched Sampson scratch his butt again. 

Putting the binoculars down I sigh and say "Sam—" 

Danny cut me off finishing my train of thought with a yawn. "We've been watching the gorilla scratch its butt for...Um, how long?" 

"Six hours," Tuck answered with a yawn.

Yawning again Danny told us, "Time flies when your majestically scratching your butt."

 Ignoring us completely Sam said, "It's only a matter of time before you find something about Sampson that nobody's ever learned. You should try to communicate with him!" 

Tapping on Sam's shoulder and beginning to chuckle, I point at Danny who had fallen asleep. 

"Ugh great. Tucker you're his manager can you—" Sam started to ask annoyed when we noticed Tucker was asleep too and the two boys began to hug in their sleep. 

Sighing Sam mumbled, "We'll do it. But first..." Sam pulled out a camera and took a picture stating while I laughed, "Boys hugging makes every yearbook funny."

Nodding in agreement I asked Sam to send me a copy as we made our way to Sampson's cage. 

Last Edited - July 8th, 2021

Revised - April 11th, 2024