Mystery Meat: Part 4

.

.

.

At the teacher's lounge, Mr. Lancer was about to present the all-meat buffet. 

"Esteemed Casper High faculty I present your all-steak buffet!" Mr. Lancer pulled the drape off of the table. 

Teachers gasped in horror to see the table empty. 

 "Paradise LOST!" Lancer screams, banging his fists against the table angrily.

.

.

.

"Prepare to learn why meat is the most powerful of the five food groups!" The Lunch Lady screams at us through her meat armor before returning to her sweet voice. "Cookie?"

We all shake our heads no and she starts yelling again.

"Then perish!" 

Dodging the large meatballs she was throwing down the hall I go to punch her when she grabs my wrist and throws me down the opposite hall. I hit the lockers hard before sliding to the floor. I wince in pain as the room starts spinning.

.

.

.

"Forget it! The only thing that has an expiration date here is you!" Danny yelled jumping in front of Sam before turning back into a human. "Oops, I didn't mean to do that."

Danny is picked up and thrown into Tucker, slamming the two into the lockers. The Lunch Lady grabs Sam and flies off with her while Tucker shakes Danny awake.

"C'mon change back! We gotta go!"

Before they could act Mr. Lancer grabbed hold of the two as Dash approached with a smirk.

"You two aren't going anywhere."

"Told you you'd pay Fenton!"

~

In the detention room, Mr. Lancer looked over the boys' files. "Tucker Foley...Chronic tardiness, talking in class, repeated loitering by the girl's locker room."

Tucker shoots him a smug smile.

"Danny Fenton...Thirty-four dropped beakers in the last month, banned for life from handling all fragile school property but no severe mischief before today. So gentlemen...Tell me why did the two of you conspire to destroy the school cafeteria?!" Mr. Lancer asked angrily.

 "Dash started it he threw-" Danny had started to explain before he was cut off.

 "Four touchdown passes in the last game and is thereby exempt from scorn."

They look at Dash giving them a smug smirk before Mr. Lancer continued.

"You two however are not. I'll map up your punishment when I return. Mr. Baxter watch the door." He had commanded walking out of the room.

.

.

.

I shook the dizziness away and watched as the Lunch Lady flew off with Sam in her grasp. I flew up to grab her when I de-transformed and landed on the ground with a thud. Ow. This was getting annoying quickly. Getting up with a groan I watch as Mr. Lancer starts dragging Danny and Tucker to the detention room. Curious I go intangible and invisible and poke in to see what was going on.

"We gotta find Sam! For some reason, I feel like I got her kidnapped," Tucker exclaims worriedly.

 A bit angrily Danny pointed out to Tucker that it was his fault while I rolled my eyes at him.

 "Maybe because you told the ghost she changed the menu? How about that? What if the fight escalated and someone else had to be saved like (y/n)?"

I smile at Danny to hear him worry about me.

Tucker started sniffing the air soon stating, "That steak is still in the building two hundred yards tops."

  Danny walked up to the surveillance cameras and started checking them. 

"Check it out meat trail," Danny said pointing at one of the cameras.

 Looking over I noticed it was in the basement and figuring that was a good place to start looking I headed down wondering if that other ghost kid would show up again.

.

.

.

Danny goes ghost, grabs hold of Tucker, and floats down to the basement just before Mr. Lancer re-entered the room.

"Gentlemen your punishment will be-" He gasped as he looked into the empty room before growling, "Worse than you could imagine!" 

.

.

.

Searching the basement I find Tucker hugging the boxes of meat. 

"Sweet mother of mutton. I've dreamed of it but I never thought I'd live to see it!" 

 "How is it that I have the ghost powers and you're the weird kid?" The ghost boy from earlier asks as he approaches Tucker.

Sneaking up on the two I stood beside the strange ghost, crossed my arms, and spoke.

 "Right? I've never met a kid who acts this way with meat," I smirk to see the two physically jump at the sound of my voice.

It's really fun to keep popping out of nowhere. Suddenly we hear a laugh and follow it to find the Lunch Lady had trapped Sam under a pile of meat.

"My dear child meat is good for kids. It helps them grow and makes them smile. Why won't you eat it?" The Lunch Lady had asked Sam while shoving a chicken leg in her face.

"We don't need meat that's a fact," Sam protested, struggling to get away from the meat. 

 "Silence! You need discipline, manners, and respect. Do you know where that comes from? MEAT!" The Lunch Lady  yelled in Sam's face before asking, "Chicken or fish?" 

Last Edited - June 15, 2021

Revised - March 24, 2024