13: Part 6

"Shadow, fetch!" Johnny shouted as he summoned his shadow after us as Danny muttered "Maybe we're not trying to run." A little ways away Sam and Tucker were messing with a power box's cables; Sam disconnected the wire and handed it to Tucker, who grabbed it and plugged it into the mainframe of his PDA. "Pass the circuit breaker here, ramp up the wattage there, re-rout the power here..."

Tucker started messing with his PDA as Shadow kept getting closer to us and we shout "Hit it!" "Hitting it!" Tuck exclaimed as he pressed a button and suddenly lights from all around swarm the land, showing we were at a baseball field as the land was covered in light and Shadow disappeared with screams of agony.

"Maybe we're exactly where we wanted to be," Danny said as we shielded our eyes and watched Shadow disappear into nothingness and Johnny starts to panic. "Oh no, my shadow, my power! I gotta get outta here."

While he had been watching Shadow, I had sneaked up in front of him, so when he did start his engine, he looked in front of him to see me, coming towards him, packing a punch as he flew onto the field. "Better luck next time." I inform him as I cross my arms and look down at him while Danny uncaps the Fenton thermos and sucks Johnny in stating "But next time...stay away from my sister."

I look at Danny's smiling face and smile as well when a thought hits me: should I tell him now? I blink in confusion to that thought, where did it come from? Why now? I mean we have been working together for a while now and I do know who he is, maybe it is time I tell him, it's only fair. Right?

I would have liked to ponder over the topic for a few minutes when I noticed all three of them giving me a confused glance. "(s/n), why are you still here?" Tucker asks me and Sam chimes in with "Yeah, usually, you would've flown off by now, is something wrong?" 

"I'm fine," I reassure my friends before I continue "I just had a thought pop up in my head and... I think you should know." I say turning to Danny, who's eyes widen. "Of course what's going on?" He asks giving me his full attention, along with the eager looks of Sam and Tuck. I sigh, I don't exactly want them to hear but they also have just enough of a right to know as Danny does and I end up murmuring "They do have a right to know too."

This only piques their curiosity more. "Well, it's just that I...I." Why was I hesitating? It's a simple question: do or do I not want them to know? And yet I can't seem to answer that question...Great. I've got no choice now. I feel a hand grab my shoulder and I look up to see it was Danny as he gives me a reassuring smile as he states "It's alright, we can tell this is important, take as much time as you need." "Right, thank you. Just give me a moment to go about this."

"It's just I'm...I'm...I. You know what? There's no easy way to go about this so I'm just going to be blunt and say it I-" I'm cut off when we hear Jack and Maggie coming closer and closer to the scene, I had wasted my chance. I quickly turn around and grab Danny's shoulder and say "Now's not the time but I promise I'll tell you...soon. Just not right now, I hope you're prepared." I then let go and fly away, leaving the three confused as I mentally scolded myself. Why did I do that? It was ether time to tell them or it wasn't, not a maybe! I'll need to think more about it and how I want to go about it when I do tell them and yet I still made that stupid promise...Shit.