Parental Bonding: Part 4

"Yeah my parents got me a dress too but I told them I wasn't going because I have nobody to go with," I chime in, causing Tucker to smirk at us.

"So no one's asked you two huh?"

 Getting defensive I tell him, "Dash asked me but c'mon who would go with him? The only person I want to go with is going with someone else."

 "Who?"Tucker asked, his interest piqued.

"I didn't think you would care with the way you two have been obsessing over Paulina," I grimace.

Just as annoyed, Sam added, "Maybe if we were as pretty as Paulina."

Looking up at us Danny asked, "Why are you two so down on her? So she's pretty it's not a crime.

"The real question is: Is she pretty on the inside? Don't forget-" I began telling him, my glare shifting to him.

 "Looks are deceiving Danny," Sam finishes my thought.

Suddenly the sounds of people screaming fill the halls and my ghost sense goes off. 

Quickly getting up I say, "I have to go." 

I run off before anybody stops me and find a place to transform.

Flying around the corner I see the ghost boy already here introducing himself to the dragon.

"Say haven't we met somewhere? Let's try this again. Hi, I'm Danny Phantom and you are?"

He dodges a fireball as I fly up and respond to him.

"Hi, Danny! It's nice to finally meet you I'm (s/n)." (superhero name)  

Danny gave me a questioning glance but before he could say anything the dragon hit us with its tail causing us to crash into the weenie on a skewer stand. 

As we recovered from the blow Danny mumbled, "(s/n) huh. Nice to finally meet you too."

Giving him a hand and helping him up to his feet I point at the dragon and joke, "That must be Testy."

 Rubbing a sore spot on his head Danny nods. "Testy got it."

Spitting fire at us again Danny grabs me by the wrist and flies us out of the way. 

"Sorry dude I think you got the wrong weenies!"

Danny flew high above the dragon before kicking him back, the dragon skidding to a stop to grab ahold of him. I fly at the top of my speed ready to punch the dragon and free Danny but it saw the attack coming and grabbed me too. Slamming us to the ground the dragon screamed.

"Must have tee!" 

"Tea? Oh, good idea," I said cheekily to the dragon.

Speaking in the same tone as me Danny stated, "Coffee could make you a might jittery better yet..." Before he finished his sentence he grabbed my wrist again and phased us through the floor before balling his fist up as we flew back up, punching the dragon back while he screamed. "Have some punch!"

A girl walking by with her new Abyss purchase comes to a stop and screams seeing the fight happen. Dropping her bag in fear she ran away with a scream as the dragon came flying her way. The dragon landed near the bag, the amulet flying into it and suddenly the ghost was gone in a cloud of smoke, only leaving a very confused Paulina as she excitedly took the Abyss bag.

"Hey, my amulet! Hey, my fleecy tee! They must have had it in my size. I guess good things happen when you maintain a positive attitude."

.

.

.

With the dragon gone Danny turns to (s/n) with a load of questions on the tip of his tongue only to see she has disappeared once again, leaving Danny more frustrated and wondering how she kept sneaking up on him. His ghost sense never alerted him of her presence. In a groan, he swallows the burning questions down as he looks around before transforming.

"Danny! Are you okay?" He hears Sam ask as she and Tucker run up, looking over their friend worriedly.

 "Fine. But that's the second time I've fought that dragon. We need to investigate. That's also the fourth time that ghost girl has shown up and helped me."

"Is she still not talking to you outside of the fights?"

"Yeah, but I did manage to catch her name. She calls herself (s/n). We'll have to find out if that's her real identity. Anyways how are you guys?" Danny responds, shifting the attention to Sam and Tucker.

"Great, if you don't count me still being dateless for the dance," Tucker drolls before listing off the names of every girl he's asked. " Sasha? No. Dinese? No. I've hit every girl in school except...Valerie."

The three's attention turned to said girl as she approached, eyeing Tucker in disgust.

"Yeah hi Sucker is it?" 

"Tucker or Tuck or Tuckerino," Tucker told Valerie with a wide grin. 

"Which ends with no. Which by the way is my answer unless something happens in the next five minutes that makes me dateless," She continues to droll when her date Kwan runs up proclaiming:

"You'll never guess what happened. Donna said she'd go to the dance with me, so you're dateless!"

Last Edited - June 25, 2021

Revised - March 29, 2024 ♡