One of a Kind: Part 7

"Well, ghost children? Any last words?" Skulker asked us angrily. 

Danny and I look at each other and nod before I say, "Just this:" I point toward Danny as he starts patting the top of his head, covering and uncovering his eyes like he's playing peek-a-boo, banging his fists on his chest and finally scratching his butt. 

Looking confused Skulker asked, "What are you doing?" 

"Calling a friend." 

Sampson jumped onto Skulker and attacked while we walked over to where Sam and Tucker were as they watched in amazement. 

Turning to us Sam asked, "You learned his language?" 

"Well sure, all he does is this," Danny stated, scratching his butt again.

Meanwhile, Sampson was pulverizing Skulker as we watched and cheered for the gorilla. Skulker's suit was destroyed to pieces when his arm flew right in front of us and Tucker became suspicious.

"What I don't understand is why a ghost needed a high-tech battle suit?"

More parts came flying towards us as Danny caught Skulker's head. 

I chuckled after seeing feet stick out of the neck as I said, "Well looks like we're about to find out,"  I pulled out the tiny ghost who started yelling at us.

"Let me go! I am Skulker! Skulker, do you hear me?! Fear me! I am the greatest hunter in all of the Ghost World, you will all fear me!"

Smirking Danny asks, "Thermos please?" 

Tuck pulls out the thermos and hands it to Danny, who pops the lid open and waits for me. Deciding to have a little bit of fun I toss Skulker high in the air as Danny aims the Fenton Thermos at Skulker, sucking him into it as he screams.

"You haven't seen the last of me, I shall capture you all! You shall all be mine, mine! Do you hear?!" 

"Well see ya!" I shout as I fly behind a building, turn back to normal, and walk back to my friends after Danny reverts too.

 "Cool let's go home." 

"But you didn't get anything you or (y/n) could use for your guy's report. You're still gonna get a D," Sam exclaimed worriedly. 

Swinging my arm around Sam's shoulder I state "Eh who cares? We can always make up that work."

Nodding in agreement Danny bent down and picked up Tucker's PDA as he told us, "Yeah that's ok, we stopped the bad guy, saved the gorilla if that's all we got done then that's—" Quickly running up I pulled Danny away because Sampson had walked extremely close up to Danny but before I could say anything to him, Danny began to scream and when I realized why I fell down in shock as we both shouted.

"OH MY GOSH!"

~

"Brooding and quick-witted genius Daniel Fenton and (y/n) (l/n), did what no other researcher dared to do: got close enough to this rare purple-back gorilla to realize Sampson was actually a...Delilah," Mr. Lancer read the latest issue of Genius Magazine with me and Danny on the front cover out loud to the whole class.

 "Nobody at that zoo ever bothered to see if it was a boy or a girl?" Mr. Lancer questions.

"Yeah, that's weird huh? Well, maybe they were respecting her privacy," Danny chuckles when I chime in.

"Or maybe whoever caught Delilah just took a quick glance and thought she was a he."

 Mr. Lancer then walked up to us and gave us our new grades as he told us, "Well Fenton, (l/n) I have to admit I'm impressed. You two wanted to get your grade up so bad, you risked being mauled by a gorilla: C." 

Danny's eyes widened at his new grade and exclaimed in a shocked tone, "A C, we almost got killed by a gh-orilla and all we get is a C?!" 

Smirking down at us Lancer states, "Well life is a big mystery isn't it Fenton? Next time you wanna get your grade up, try the library." 

With that, the bell rang and soon we were the only ones in the classroom as Sam comforted Danny.

"Well, it's better than a D right?" 

Chuckling I say, "Oh yeah a whole lot better, I gotta go, there's a student council meeting today, see ya!" I shout as I head off. 

.

.

.

Still, angry Danny grumbles, "Aw man, now if only I had something I could take this out on!"

 Suddenly the Box Ghost appears stating his usual line. "I am the Box Ghost! Once I empty you of your useless papers, your marvelous squareness shall be mine!" 

While the Box Ghost laughed, Danny went ghost, ready to pounce.

 "Hello, misplaced aggression."

Checking his PDA, Tucker told Danny, "You've got five minutes." 

"Which is four more than I'll need," Danny smirked as he lunged for the Box Ghost.

Last Edit- July 19th, 2021

Revised - April 15th, 2024