𝕚 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 ♫ 𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕪

6 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚕𝚍

"8, 9, 10...ready or not here I come!" I heard my best friend Daniel call.
I crouched down underneath the slide in the park, waiting for Daniel to find me.
A good five minutes or so had passed and Daniel was very close to finding me.
He walked towards the slide and peeked his head around, seeing me.
I shrieked and ran out from underneath the slide, Daniel chasing me around.
We continued running around until I tripped and fell.
Daniel stopped, watching as I started to cry.
He sprinted over to me, sitting down next to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"N-no, it hurts," I cried, referring to my scraped knees.
Maybe I was being over dramatic, but I was six.
"It's okay, y/n, I'll go get mommy," he said, running off.
Daniel and his mom walked over and his mom helped me up and took me over to the bench to put some bandaids on my knees.
While she was cleaning up my cuts and putting on the bandaids, Daniel ran off.
"Alright, sweetheart, you're good to go," She informed.
"Thank you," I replied, getting up off the bench.
I looked around, but I didn't see Daniel anywhere.
I went and sat on a swing, a few tears escaping my eyes. My knees hurt and I couldn't find my best friend.
"Y/n!"
I looked up seeing Daniel running towards me, a chocolate ice cream cone in his hand.
He stood in front of me and handed me the ice cream cone.
"I got you this. I hope you feel better," he said.
"Thanks Daniel, you're the bestest friend ever!" I cheered, wrapping my arms around his neck.

11 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚕𝚍
Daniel and I stood out front of the middle school, it was our first day of middle school ever.
Sadly we didn't have any classes together, so I wouldn't be seeing him until the end of the day.
We took a deep breath and walked into the school and parted ways, going to our classes.

~

It was the end of the day and I was waiting outside near the bike rack for Daniel.
Today was terrible.
Middle school is terrible.
Nobody was nice to me and I hate all of my classes.
I got lost on the way to class and the teacher yelled at me and embarrassed me in front of everyone.
Then some girl told me that my hair looked gross.
Then another girl pushed me into the lockers and I fell, which just made everyone laugh at me.
I just wanted to go home and cry.
As I was waited for Daniel, the girl who pushed me walked up to me and started telling me I was ugly and stupid, her friends laughing.
I didn't want to act like a baby, but after all I had been through today, I couldn't hold it in any longer.
I started crying, just letting it all out.
"Wow, what a baby," the girl shrieked, his friends erupting into laughter.
"Hey, leave her alone," I heard a voice.
I looked up to see Daniel, standing behind the girls.
"Oh, hey Daniel," the girl batted her eyelashes.
Oh heck no. She was not about to flirt with my best friend after treating me like that.
"I think you should leave," he growled.
"Um..what?" She laughed, moving closer to him.
"I said I think you should leave," he repeated.
"Why? So you can hang out with this loser?" She questioned.
"She's not a loser. She's my best friend. Don't mess with my best friend. From now on, you leave her alone," he stated, pushing past her.
She huffed and then walked off, her friends following.
"I'm sorry, y/n. Don't listen to them," he said.
I nodded and wiped my face, picking up my bike and riding home to Daniels house with him.
We went to his room to play video games, but I just couldn't shake the sad feeling from that day.
We were in the middle of a game and I just burst into tears, dropping the controller.
"Hey, y/n, what's wrong?" Daniel asked, pausing the game.
"I....I....I hate middle school. I hate my classes and everyone hates me!" I sobbed, my head falling into my hands.
I heard Daniel leave the room, which was kind of weird.
I continued to cry,
Daniel walked back into the room, squatting in front of me at the foot of his bed.
I looked at him and he smiled, handing me a bowl of chocolate ice cream.
I gave him a small smile and took the bowl.
"Listen, I don't know everything that happened today, but I need you to know that what that girl said wasn't true. Don't let her get to you. And not everyone hates you, I don't hate you. Now, eat your ice cream and lets finish this game," he said, standing up and giving me a hug.
"Thanks, Daniel. I'm so happy you're my best friend,"
I said, smiling at him.