97 ❁ 𝘻𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘯

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚖𝚎!"
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆𝘆𝗻𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗲
∞༺♡༻✧

I slammed my textbook closed, letting out a huge breath.
It was finals week and I was beyond stressed out. I took so many challenging classes and I felt like my brain was about to explode.
My boyfriend, Zach, walked in the door and instantly pulled me into a hug, knowing I was stressed.
"Are you ready to go?" he asked.
We decided to go out for dinner, since tonight was one of the only free nights we had.
"Yeah, let me just curl a couple stands of my hair," I responded.
I walked over to my vanity and plugged my curling iron in.
While it heated up, I cleaned all my schoolwork up, tears of frustration welling up in my eyes because of the intense amount of stress I was under.
I then proceeded to pick up the curling iron and curl a few strands of hair.
I love Zach, I really do, and I love spending time with him, but today just wasn't a good day. I was so stressed and so tired and I still had so much work to do.
All of a sudden I felt something hot on my wrist. It didn't click with me at first that it was the curling iron, but when I realized that it was, I cried out and dropped the curling iron to the ground.
"Babe, what happened?" Zach asked, shooting up from my bed.
"Nothing. I'm fine, I just touched the curling iron, I'm fine," I mumbled, walking to the bathroom.
I looked up at myself in the mirror as I ran my wrist under the cold water and I was shocked at what I saw.
My hair looked terrible matted and I had the hugest purple bags under my eyes and my forehead was breaking out and I just looked overall horrible.
Right then and there, I broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.
Zach walked in and looked at me, his slight smile completely disappearing.
"Hey, baby, let me help you," he said, reaching forward to take my wrist.
"No! Don't touch me!" I screamed, backing away quickly.
An instant look of confusion made its way onto Zach's face, but was quickly replaced with a look of pure sadness. He looked like someone just shattered his heart into a million pieces.
"Why?" he asked.
"Because...I can't...I'm just so ...Zach, I don't know how to handle all this. I'm so stressed and exhausted and I just need a break, I'm sorry I don't think I can go out for dinner tonight, I'm sorry, I love you, but school and money and my wrist an-"
"Shh, baby calm down," he comforted, slowly walking towards me.
I backed up against the wall and let Zach slowly wrap his arms around me as I slid down the wall.
"Shh, it's okay, I got you, it's okay," he whispered.
He continued to hug me and whisper sweet nothings into my ear, trying to calm me down.
After I cried on his shoulder for a while, I calmed down, just hiccuping every so often.
"Honey why didn't you tell me you felt like this? I wouldn't have asked you to go to dinner tonight if I knew you were on the verge of a mental breakdown."
"I'm sorry Zach, I just didn't want to disappoint you and I love spending time with you. And I'm sorry for not telling you about all this stress, I thought I could push through it, but clearly not."
"Don't apologize babe, it's okay. Now let's get your wrist cleaned up."
Zach helped me take care of my burnt wrist and then let me shower and change into a pair of his sweatpants and his hoodie.
We laid down in bed and he held me tighter than he ever had before.
"Never hesitate to tell me if you're not okay. I care about you so much, always remember that." was the last thing I heard before drifting off to sleep.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 12/8/19
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧