3 ❁ 𝘫𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘴

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦. 𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡"
∞༺♡༻✧

I walked into the hospital room with my husband, Jonah. Today we are getting the second ultrasound.
Jonah and I have been trying to have a baby for a while, so we were both extremely happy when we found out I was pregnant.
I laid down on the bed and held Jonah's hand while the nurse spread the gel on my stomach.
She watched the monitor, a confused look on her face.
"I'll be right back," she said, then left the room.
I looked up at Jonah, worried. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead, instantly making me feel better.
The nurse walked back in, the doctor following behind.
He walked over and repeated the actions of the nurse, watching the monitor closely.
He looked at me and Jonah, a sympathetic look on his face.
"I'm sorry to tell you this..but, you've miscarried," he said.
I felt my heart stop and I felt Jonah tense up.
"We're going to give you guys some privacy."
With that, him and the nurse left, leaving me and Jonah alone.
I looked up at Jonah, he had no expression on his face.
"I'm sorry, Jonah," I whispered, feeling at fault.
"Don't you dare, apologize, this is not your fault," he replied, sitting down next to me on the bed.
He brought me into his arms, holding me tight. I was so upset and in so much shock that I couldn't even cry.
"Let's go home, honey," he said, helping me off the bed.

The drive home was silent, neither of us knew what to say.
We walked inside and I sat down on the couch, our dog curling up in my laugh. He could sense something was wrong.
Jonah walked into the kitchen to get me a water.
"I know this sucks, but you have to remember that we can try again soon," he said, closing the refrigerator.
Right then and there, it all hit me. I let my head fall into my hands as I started crying.
Jonah stopped walking when he realized what was happening. He set the water bottle down and walked over to me. He squatted in front of me and gently pulled my hands away from my face so that I could hug him.
Jonah stayed quiet, although I didn't want him to.
Jonah could always make me feel better, no matter what situation we were in. if he says that it's going to be okay, then it always comes out to be okay. I knew that if he said it was okay, I could trust him.
I looked up at him, seeing his tear filled eyes.
"Just say that it is okay. I just need to hear you say it," I whispered.
"It is okay. I promise that it is okay," he comforted.
I let my head fall into his chest as I cried.
I knew that we could try again and I knew that it wasn't my fault, but it was still upsetting.
I knew how excited Jonah was to bring a baby into this world and I was excited to. We had been trying to have one for so long and we finally thought this was it.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
"I love you, honey. We'll try again and we'll make this work," he said, kissing my hair.
As soon as those words left his mouth, I knew that everything was going to be okay.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 12/19/19
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧