172, 176, 177, 187, 196 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝!"
"𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠."
"𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑."
"𝑖 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑤 𝑢𝑝."
"𝑖𝑚 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐."
∞༺♡༻✧

as soon as my eyes opened this morning, i ran to the bathroom and threw up into the toilet.
i felt my husband of nine years, daniel, behind me, rubbing my back and holding my hair back.
when i finished, i relaxed back against daniel's chest, him wiping my face with toilet paper and then flushing the toilet.
"mmm, i don't feel good," i whined, cuddling myself into daniel.
"i can tell. what hurts?" he asked.
"my stomach."
daniel placed his hand on my forehead, feeling for a temperature.
"yeah, honey, you have a fever," he said, kissing my forehead after he took away his hand.
i wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up, carrying me back to our bed.
he covered me up and sat down next to me, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.
"i'm gonna go to the store and get you some medicine, i'll be back," he said, leaning down and kissing my cheek.
"wait, daniel, what if you're sick?" i asked.
"i feel fine, hun. i'm not sick, i feel okay. i'll be quick, just hang tight," he reassured.
he left and i rolled over, cuddling into the sheets.
daniel and i have been friends since we've been in middle school and every time one of us is sick, the other one is also sick.
it's just soulmate tings i guess.
i knew daniel was going to get sick because i'm sick. i also know how protective he is of me. ever since we've been little, daniel has been way overprotective of me. when we were kids, he used to threaten any boy that came near me and he always made sure to push me behind him if there was any sign of danger.
he's stubborn and protective, but he means well, so i just roll with it.
suddenly, my phone started to ring so i grabbed it from the bedside table and looked at the screen to see that daniel was calling.
i instantly answered.
"hey," i said groggily.
"um...babe?" he asked, his voice wavering.
that's his guilty voice.
oh jesus.
"what's wrong?" i sighed.
"um...i'm...im about to cry in public,"he stammered, his tears evident through the phone.
"why, hun? what happened?" i asked.
"i just....um...i threw up. like...all over the floor in the store," he said.
"oh my god, daniel, i told you that you were gonna get sick! you know we're always sick at the same time!" i said, annoyed by his stubbornness.
"i have to go, i'll see you when i get home."
he hung up and i put my phone on the table before rolling over and closing my eyes again.
i laid in bed for about fifteen minutes before our bedroom door opened and daniel sauntered in. he pulled his shirt off and threw it somewhere before laying down next to me.
"hi honey," i said quietly.
"shush."
i laughed, but moved closer to him, placing my hand on his forehead.
"oh, shit, daniel, you're burning up!" i said, suddenly concerned by how warm his forehead felt.
"i want cuddles," he whined, grabbing my small body and forcing me to cuddle with him.
typical daniel.
always moody and clingy when he's sick.
he groaned, his muscles tensing up.
"what?" i asked.
"it hurts," he whined.
"what hurts?"
"my stomach."
i sighed again and pulled him closer, my hand scratching his head.
"wait so, did they clean your puke up in the store?" i asked.
"i don't know. i ran out of the store as soon as i hung up the phone."
"daniel! you should've told someone!" i scolded, making him wince.
i shook my head, but still held him close.
"you're so goddamn lucky that i love you."
"i know."

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟴/𝟮𝟭/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧