𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 ♫ 𝕛𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕙 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕤

I knocked on my best friend, Jonah's, door with hot tears streaming down my face.
My boyfriend cheated on me.
Again.
At least I had Jonah. He would always be here for me.
The door swung open and an instant wave of relief washed over me.
But I was instantly sent back into full panic mode when I saw Jonah's face.
Usually, Jonah would welcome me into his apartment with open arms and he would comfort me and let me stay for as long as I needed.
But something was off about the way he was looking at me right now.
He looked pissed and annoyed and even a little sad.
"Jonah?" I squeaked.
"Come inside," he sighed.
I stepped into his apartment and followed him to the kitchen, where he was brewing tea.
I sat down at the table as he poured the tea into two mugs.
"Um...what's wrong?" I asked, starting to freak out a little.
"I love you, okay? I love you so much, which is why I didn't say this a long time ago," he started.
He set a mug of tea in front of me and I murmured a thank you. I wasn't sure if he even heard because my voice came out as barely a whisper. I was too scared to even form words right now.
"Listen, I know I promised that I was your best friend and I know I promised that I would be here till the very end, but...you're seriously making this way too hard," he said, sadly.
"What?" I asked, tears falling down my face.
"You keep running back to him and every single fucking time you do, he just breaks your heart all over again. It's like a pattern. He breaks your heart and then you come to me for comfort, you cry on my shoulder, you stay the night and sleep in my fucking bed, and then you go crawling back to him and the cycle repeats," he explained, causing me to break down even more, if that was possible.
"What I'm trying to say is...it's getting to be really hard for me. I cancel all my plans for you and let you sleep in my bed with me and I don't know how much longer I can keep doing that because...because I love you. I'm sorry, but I do...I do love you and this is really hurting me," he said.
I looked down.
He was right.
I was selfish.
All this time, he's been the one that's really cared for me and the one that has looked out for me even if it was hurting him.
And I have just been tossing his love to the side like it was nothing.
And I felt terrible about that.
"Jonah, I feel terrible. I can't believe I've been so blind all this time. You're the one that has really been here for me. I'm sorry I've been so selfish and I'm sorry that I haven't noticed that you've been hurting," I whispered, tears cascading down my cheeks like waterfalls.
He sighed and moved over to me, squatting in front of the chair and letting me fall into his strong arms.
"I'm sorry, Jonah, I'm so sorry," I sobbed, clinging to him.
"Shh, calm down," he comforted, resting his hand on the back of my head.
He kept his arms around me until I stopped crying, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.
"I love you too, Jonah," I whispered, pulling back so I could stare into his eyes.
He smiled, instantly smashing his lips onto mine.
In that moment, I knew he was the one I was meant to be with and he was the one I truly loved.
When he pulled away, we both broke out into smiles, he even let out a small chuckle.
"Took you long enough to realize," he joked.
I lightly slapped his chest, laughing as I did so.
I knew we would be together forever.

Hard - Why Don't We

"𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚍"