13, 25, 87 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗬𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡
"𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔"
"𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡"
"𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑗𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠, 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢"
∞༺♡༻✧

I walked down the stairs to see Daniel leaning against our kitchen counter, biting his nails.
He was dressed in one of the most expensive looking outfits I have probably ever seen.
Tonight we were going out to dinner for a fundraiser for our daughters soccer team.
It wasn't at a fancy restaurant, it was a bar and grille.
"Daniel, baby, why are you dressed like that?" I asked, walking over to him and letting him wrap his arms around me.
"Because I want to."
I stared up at him, knowing he was lying.
"Fine. I just want to look good. All those other parents always brag about everything that they have and they always talk their kids up. I just wanna look better than them," he admitted, looking down.
"Aww, you're jealous, aren't you?"
He nodded and jokingly pouted, making me laugh.
Our 11 year old daughter ce down the stairs, wearing leggings and her soccer jersey.
"Ready to go?" I asked.
"Yep. Dad, why are you dressed like that?"
He sighed and looked down, embarrassed.
"Your father has always been like this. He just likes dressing fancy once in a while. I think he looks absolutely handsome," I said, watching as his lips curled into a smile at my comment.
We all traveled out to the car and Daniel drove us to the restaurant, the drive there pretty much silent.
We pulled up the restaurant and our daughter practically fell out of the car as she rushed over to her team.
I opened the passenger side door, but stopped and let it fall shut as I heard a sigh come from Daniel.
I reached over and rubbed his arm, his nervous eyes locking with mine.
"Are you okay? You really don't have to go in if you want, you can just drop us off and pick us up later," I offered.
"No! No, I wanna go...I just.....I don't even know. I just don't want to let our daughter down, y'know. I feel like a shitty dad compared to all of her teammates dads. She probably thinks i'm the biggest loser in the world," he said.
"Dani...baby, you're not a loser. And you're certainly not a shitty dad. You're the best dad in the whole world. You look great, you're smart, you're caring, sometimes I want to punch you when you tell jokes, but I still love you. Anyone would be lucky to get to call you their husband or dad. Now, lets go have some dinner because I'm fucking starving," I said, quickly leaning over to kiss his cheek.
"You always know just what to say. I love you," he said as we got out of the car.
"Yeah, yeah, I love you too."
We walked into the restaurant and sat down at the parents table, scanning the drink menu.
The night seemed to blow by fairly fast, we talked the whole night and I had a few drinks, Daniel stayed completely sober, knowing he had to drive both our daughter and I home.
It happened to be karaoke night and, me being tipsy, urges Daniel to go up and show off his talent.
Of course he obliged, he loves music probably as much as he loves me.
Right as everyone was cleaned up and getting ready to leave, Daniel went up and sang, beautifully might I add.
He sang the song that fell in love too, back when we were in high school.
The parents clapped, our daughters teammates clapped, some of which have a little crush on Daniel.
Not that I blame them, he is a stud.
Even some randos at the bar were clapping for him.
Daniel took a bow, laughing as he made his way back to me, kissing my head.
"You have such a beautiful voice," I said, our fingers interlocking as we left the restaurant with our daughter trailing behind.
She seemed grumpy and we both knew better than to ask her why.
We drove home in silence again and as soon as we opened the front door to our house, our daughter stormed inside.
"okay, what's with the attitude?" I asked, watching as she grabbed a water from the fridge, slamming the door shut.
"Nothing," she grumbled.
"It's clearly something," I pushed.
"It's fricken Dad!" she yelled.
Daniel looked up, surprised by her sudden outburst.
"What?" he asked.
"You...you embarrassed me this evening! You could have just shut up and say at the stupid table, but no! You had to go sing and be the center of attention, so all my teammates made fun of me for having such an annoying dad! I wish you would just learn to shut up, I hate you!" she screamed, then darted up to her room and slammed the door unreasonably hard.
I froze, not even wanting to look at Daniel. I knew how sensitive he is about things and I couldn't bear to see the look on his face.
But I turned around anyways, my heart breaking at the sight.
He had tears welled up in his eyes and he looked like someone just ripped his heart out of his chest and shattered it to a million little pieces.
"Honey, she didn't mean it, don't listen to her," I said as I rushed to his side.
He didn't hesitate to hug me, holding on tight.
"Baby, I don't know what her problem is, but I promise you that she doesn't hate you. I promise," I assured.
"But she just said she does. I feel like I should be mad, but I just feel like an idiot. I feel like she's right, I just need to stop trying. I really am a terrible father," he cried out.
I pulled him to the couch and we sat down. I let him rest his head on my shoulder as I ran my fingers through his hair.
"Daniel James Seavey, shut the fuck up. You are a great dad, I don't know how many more times I can say that. I really need you to believe it. You fucking flew home from Australia just for the birth of our daughter, then flew back. You got up every night to change her diaper or rock her back to sleep. You put bandaids on her knees every time she scraped them and you cleaned up her vomit and you didn't sleep for what seemed like days when she had her tonsils out. You taught her how to ride a bike and how to play soccer. You have done so much for that little girl, and I will make sure she knows to appreciate it. Because I know I do. You're the bed dad in the whole world. I'm lucky to call you the father to our child. I love you, sweetheart," I said, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on his lips.
He wiped his tears away and slightly smiled at me. We cuddled up on the couch and drifted off to sleep, not even caring that we were on the couch.
We decided to just deal with it in the morning.

Which we did.
The next morning, I had a long talk with our daughter, which resulted in her sprinting into Daniel's arms.
Watching his eyes light up as he hugged our daughter reminded me the reason why I fell in love with him

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟰/𝟯/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧