𝟷𝟷𝟻, 𝟷𝟸𝟶, 𝟷𝟸𝟷, 𝟷𝟺𝟸 ❁ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @-𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗲-𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹
"𝑎𝑙𝑐𝑜ℎ𝑜𝑙 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒"
"𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦?"
"𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒."
"𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛- ℎ𝑒𝑦, 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔?"
∞༺♡༻✧

the sound of my husband's keys jingling in the doorknob made me bounce off the couch and run into the kitchen, where i hid the near empty champagne bottle.
i bolted back to the couch and covered up with a blanket, pretending to watch tv. my husband, daniel, entered our house and walked over to me, flopping down next to me on the couch.
"hi babe."
"hi honey."
he stole some of my blanket and covered himself up, cuddling into my side. he looked exhausted.
"hard day at work?" i asked, trying to make everything seem normal even though i was pretty tipsy.
"don't even get me started. like, i understand hard work and i can handle a whole hell of a lot, but today just has me so dead. i mean, i've been through the wringer with our manager. he's a good guy and he does a lot for us, but sometimes i want to punch him in the jaw. he just keeps nagging, especially at me and zach. like, we're trying out best. we're fucking tired. i just don't....."
he continued ranting.
i stopped listening as i was too busy trying to sober up for my sake and my husband's sake.
"it was just so annoying. and then- hey, are you listening?" he asked, looking directly at me.
"uh...yeah, you said today has you dead," i uttered.
"um...yeah, like five minutes ago..." he looked at me sadly.
daniel looked like he had been smacked in the face with a semi truck full of realization. he was starting to understand that i wasn't sober. i couldn't bear to look at him, i know how upset he gets when i drink too much.
daniel isn't an aggressive guy and he very rarely yells. in fact, i don't think he's ever yelled at me before. he's gentle and loving and understanding, but that changed.
daniel jumped off the couch and just started speaking his mind.
"who the fuck even are you? where's the beautiful girl i met eight years ago? y'know, the girl that used to ask for lemonade at the bar and the girl who used to beg me to go outside like a little kid when it was snowing! what happened to the girl that used to brush my hair while i vented to her about the bullshit that happened at work? i miss you when you weren't fucking drunk every day! i don't understand why you're always getting drunk! i miss the old you, what happened?" he asked.
i couldn't respond, i was so out of it and i really didn't have anything to say. daniel had every right to be upset with me.
"are you going to say anything? i'm so sick of you drinking your life away! this isn't you! there's so many things you could do, but you choose to drink. if somethings got you upset, you can always talk to me, you know that. i would never judge you, i'm your husband for fucks sake! i'm always here for you. it's just so sad and so frustrating for me, all you do is drink," he said, staring at me sadly.
"oh my god, and all you do is whine! you try to act so innocent and you try to act like you're fucking perfect. you whine about everything, dnaiel, you're like a fucking child! maybe, if i wasn't so damn stressed all the time, i wouldn't have to drink. but i am stressed all the time because you can't do simple fucking things, like put your stupid glass in the sink when you're done with it. can you just fuck off already, daniel? i'm not in the mood to sit here and argue with you," i fought back.
i grabbed my phone off the coffee table and stormed off into our room, slamming the door behind me. i lazily changed into my pajama shorts and one of daniel's t-shirts. i laid down in our bed and tried to sleep, but my sleep was interrupted by my guilty conscience.
i shouldn't have snapped at daniel like that. all he ever does is love me, why do i have to be such a bitch to him sometimes?
i perked up as i heard a soft cry coming from our living room. my eyebrows furrowed. who the hell is crying? daniel doesn't cry. he's not a crier and he's not emotional. daniel and i have been together since we've been in middle school, and i've never seen him cry before.
like literally never.
i pushed the blankets off of myself and got up, slowly making my way into the living room. i almost fell backwards as i saw my husband sitting on our couch, his head in his hands as his shoulders shook.
"daniel?" i said softly, feeling like an absolute piece of shit for worrying him and upsetting him.
he glanced up, tears leaking from his big blue eyes.
"oh, honey, don't cry," i said, rushing to his side and wrapping my arms around him.
he pulled me close to him, just like he does when he's trying to be protective. i rubbed his back to calm him down.
"i'm sorry, daniel, i shouldn't have snapped at you," i apologized, kissing his temple.
"i...i know i'm not always the most put together person. i leave my dirty dishes around the house and i throw my dirty clothes in the floor and never do laundry or the dishes or anything....but.....if that bothers you, which it should, you have the right to be annoyed by that....you could just tell me. don't drink, honey. if i'm being messy or i'm being annoying, then call my ass out. i'll listen and i'll understand, i promise you that. just please...stop with the drinking," he begged, starting at me hopefully.
"daniel....i'm sorry. alcohol is the only constant in my life right now. everything just gets overwhelming sometimes," i said.
"trust me, i understand that 100%. just....you have to find a healthy way to deal with shit. i can't stand the drinking, i need you to stop."
"i will. i promise."
he nodded and kissed me gently.
"i love you daniel."
"i love you too. now...can we watch the lion king?" he asked.
"sure, baby, if that makes you happy."
he smiled and we laid down, watching the lion king.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟭𝟮/𝟵/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧