𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 ♫ 𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕪

Having strict parents.
It's great.
That was a lie.
It's terrible.
Especially when you want something. Like a phone. Or a boyfriend.
I'm in 9th grade and I've never had a boyfriend. It's starting to get really annoying.
Especially when you are practically in love with someone and you know that they love you back.
I stood on the balcony of my apartment building in Seattle, Washington. My best friend, Daniel, stood on the balcony of his apartment building.
We lived in separate buildings, but they were right next to each other. They were so close together that we could talk to each other from out balconies without having to scream.
Usually, we talked about our days and our future plans and our craziest deepest thoughts or sometimes he would sing to me.
Today, that wasn't the case.
Today, I was crying to him about how my mom told me I couldn't go on a date with him.
Yes, he asked me on a date. Daniel and I have been close friends since kindergarten and as we got older, we slowly fell for each other.
Now, here we are, both 15 years old. One of us allowed to date, the other not allowed to date.
Which devastated us both.
My parents have always loved Daniel and approved of him as a friend, but they always encouraged me to make female friends.
I never wanted to, though. I always stuck with Daniel.
"It's gonna be okay, we're gonna figure this out. When two people love each other, they always work things out," Daniel assured me, right before the balcony door swung open.
I turned around to see my dad, looking angry.
"We told you no dating!" he scolded, scaring me.
"I know, but that doesn't mean we can't continue to be just friends!" I shot back, wrapping my arms around myself.
"I don't trust that you will be 'just friends.' I forbid you to see each other anymore," my dad stated, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside.
"No! Daniel!" I cried out, feeling helpless.
"It's gonna be okay, I promise we'll make it," he mouthed, before I was drug into my apartment.
I ran into my room and sobbed into my pillow.
But his words stuck with me.

I never go do anything risky, but I needed to see Daniel.
Despite the huge amount of trouble that I could get into, I decided to sneak out and meet Daniel.
His parents weren't as strict as mine, so I knew he wold still be awak. It was 10 o'clock, so my parents were fast asleep.
I threw on black leggings and my black jacket, slipping a black beanie on with it.
I tried to be as quiet as possible as I slipped out of my room and walked quietly to the kitchen counter where my confiscated phone was sitting.
I quickly picked it up and tip toed to the front door, freezing when I heard someone yawn.
I held my breath and stayed frozen for a good five minutes before swiftly opening the door and running out. I carefully shut it and then bolted down the hallway, afraid my parents heard.
I took the elevator down to the lobby and then bolted into the bathroom, whipping out my phone.
I quickly shot Daniel a text, telling him to meet me at our favorite cafe.
I shoved my phone in my pocket and discreetly made my way of of the apartment building.

I shot out of my seat as Daniel walked into the cafe, sprinting as fast as my legs could take me into his arm.
I didn't waste a second, I kissed him. He kissed me back and it was full of love.
When we broke apart, he pulled me back into another kiss, both of us savoring the moment.
"What are you doing out this late? Your parents would never let you out this late," he asked, a puzzled look on his face.
"I snuck out," I smiled, holding onto him for dear life.
"You what?!? Your parents are going to kill you!" he yelled frantically.
"Shhhh, not if they don't find out," I giggled, resting my head on his chest.
"That's pretty risky, they know about everything," he said, looking worried.
"I'll be okay. Now, just spend time with me. I only snuck out so I could spend time with you," I sighed.
He smiled and we sat down, talking about anything and everything, the night ending in both of us saying 'I love you.'

I thought that the night Daniel and I declared our love for each other was the best night of my life, but I was far from right. My parents found out that I snuck out and grounded me for three months. They also pulled me out of school because they wanted me to be completely cut off from Daniel.
I almost fell into depression because I missed Daniel so much.
Daniel promised me the night I snuck out that if my parents found out, he would do everything he could to make sure we would be together.
But I guess that promise was broken because it's been three months and I still haven't heard a word from him.

It's been four years since Daniel and I have seen each other.
I'm eighteen now.
I've heard things about him. Apparently he went to Los Angeles and joined a successful band.
I haven't even thought about loving someone other than him. He was and still is the only person that I love. I've been feeling so alone recently. I have been waiting for Daniel to come home and save me. To make me feel love again.
But I know that will never happen. It's all just in my head.
I got ready for the day and went to the lobby of my apartment building. I waved to the woman at the front desk and walked out the door, immediately being greeted by a sight I never thought I would see again.
"Hey, baby. I'm here now, you'll never be alone again. I know I missed out on the past four years and I don't really know much, but I do know that I love you," he said, causing tears to cascade down my face.
"Come here, don't cry," he said, running to me and letting me fall into his arms.
"I-I thought I'd n-never see you a-again," I sobbed, clinging to him so tightly that he probably couldn't breathe.
"I know it seemed like it did and I know I took forever to figure something out, but I didn't plan on breaking the promise I made you four years ago," he smiled, wiping tears off my cheeks.
"Wait but you're like famous now. What's gonna happen to us?" I asked, worried.
"Well, until you can find a job of you own, you're gonna come live with me in LA because there is no way I'm leaving you in this hell whole," he explained, making me cry all over again.
"You'll never be alone again," he whispered, letting me cry on his shoulder.

I moved in with Daniel two years ago and we couldn't be any happier.
Today, I was going to watch him and his band perform on The Today Show with their new single 'What Am I.'
We got ready and went to the venue, both of us excited.
I stayed backstage, waiting to perform.
The show eventually started and tear sprung to my eyes when Daniel's voice sounded through the microphone. It was so beautiful.
When the song ended, the boys ran off stage. Daniel grabbed me and picked me up, spinning me around.
I didn't realize it at first but everyone in the band and the crew was surrounding the two of us.
He set me down and reached out for my hand, his hand shaking.
"You okay?" I asked, confused.
He nodded, holding onto my hand tight.
He reached into his pocket while simultaneously getting down on one knee.
I gasped, tears already falling.
"I don't think there's much to say because our love is so indescribable. But, I love you. I love you with my whole entire heart. We've been through so much together and someone how we managed to spend four whole years apart, and we never once fell out of love. I love you so much, so....will you marry me?" he asked, his lip quivering and tears threatening to fall from his eyes.
"I...Yes, yes of course I'll marry you!" I squealed, jumping into his arms.
He slid the ring onto my finger and kissed me, everyone around us clapping.
"It's a love story, baby," he smiled.

Love Story - Taylor Swift

"𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐"