37, 53, 76 ❁ 𝘻𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘯

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑒"
"𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛. 𝑠𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑? 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑢𝑝?"
"𝑖𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒"
∞༺♡༻✧

i kept my head down as i saw zach walk through the doors of the starbucks that i was studying at.
we broke up about four months ago. i still don't know why. he broke up with me randomly and i still don't know what i did wrong.
i'm completely heartbroken, i miss him more than anything. we dated for almost two years and he just threw it all away. and for what?
he stood in line, ordering, as i silently prayed that he didn't see me sitting here.
i didn't look up until i saw the chair on the other side of my table being pulled out and someone sitting down in it.
i looked up, horrified.
there he was, an iced coffee and a strawberry cake pop in his hands. he set the coffee down in front of him and placed the cake pop in front of me.
"it's you're favorite, so...there," he said, slightly smiling.
"oh..um...yeah, thanks," i replied.
he was silent for a moment and the awkward tension made me want to sprint outside.
"i'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong, and don't try lying to me," he said, staring right at me.
"nothings wrong," i quickly replied, growing very confused as to why he would say that.
"i just told you not to lie to me. as soon as i walked in here i knew something was wrong. you look like you're about to cry. trust me, i know when you're upset, so you can't lie to me," he ranted.
"why do you even care?" i asked, crossing my arms over my chest.
"why wouldn't i care? i might not be your boyfriend anymore, but i still care about you. i'll always care about you," he assured, his eyes rapidly searching mine.
"i...zach, why the hell did we ever break up? when you left, i was a mess! i'm still a mess! i don't remember a fight or a reason, so what happened? why did we break up?" i asked, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
"i..i'm sorry. it was all my fault. i loved you. i realized that i had fallen in love with you and it scared me, so i broke up with you. for that, i'm so goddamn sorry. i broke up with you because i was scared, but sitting here now, staring into your beautiful eyes, i just...i don't know. i'm not scared anymore. i love you," he explained, trying to sound confident.
my tears fell from my eyes and zach was quick to stand up and pull me into his chest.
"shh, baby, it's okay. i'm right here, i'll always be here," he whispered.
we hugged for what felt like forever, but i never wanted to let go.
"kiss me," i said weakly.
he smiled and pressed his lips to mine, kissing me until we ran out of air.
when we broke, we hugged again, trying to catch up on all the time we spent apart.
"c'mon, let's get you home and to bed. you look exhausted, love," he said, helping me clean up my stuff before leading me out the door.
we went back to his place and he let me sleep in his clothes. i had to go to class at ten o'clock the next morning, but i didn't care.
i only cared that i was sleeping in his arms.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟲/𝟰/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧