𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ♫ 𝕛𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪

I slid the back onto my earring and slipped on my heels, before I walked out the door.
I sat down in my car and pulled away from my house and drove towards my old high school.
Today is my high school classes 10 year reunion.
I'm excited to see some people, but there are a lot of people I don't want to see.
Like Jack.
Jack Avery that is.
Jack and I dated in high school all of junior and senior year, but we broke up when we graduated because I went to New York for college and he went to Los Angeles to pursue his music career.
Of course I missed him like crazy. Of course I wanted him back.
But I knew that could never happen, so I moved on.
I started dating another guy while I was in college, but he was nothing compared to Jack.
I really loved Jack.
Now I'm a successful journalist, living in New York City.
Jack joined a band about 3 years ago and from what I've heard, they're pretty successful.
I pulled into my old high schools parking lot and leaned back on the seat.
I took a deep breath, trying to calm my thoughts.
I mean, I highly doubt Jack would even be here. He famous now, so why would he show up to some stupid high school reunion.
I climbed out of my car and composed myself before walking into the school.
I walked into the gym and looked around, memories flooding my mind.
I grabbed a drink and talked to a few of my friends and a few other people I knew.
I turned my head to the left to see someone I could never forget.
Jack.
I quickly said goodbye and dashed out into the hallway, looking at all the old sports trophies.
I really didn't want to have to talk to Jack. It would be too hard.
I mean, it's been 10 years and I still miss him like crazy.
I stared at a trophy, remembering all the good
times.
I thought about the day that Jack asked me to homecoming our Junior year. He bought me this cute little teddy bear and made a sign with glitter all over it, but he was so nervous his friends had to push him up to me.
Then I remembered all the football games together, how we used to dress up and stand in the student section. I remembered the one time we dressed up as Danny and Sandy from Grease and he sang to me.
I then caught myself laughing out loud about that time at our senior prom when he threw up all over some annoying bitch's dress and then she ended up winning prom queen so she had to go on stage with puke all over her dress.
"Hey," I heard.
My laughing immediately stopped.
I knew exactly who it was.
I turned around and almost burst into tears right there.
"Hi, Jack," I breathed, smiling at him.
He looked exactly like I remembered him.
He was perfect.
"How are you?" he asked, walking over to me.
"I'm doing well, thanks. Yourself?" I asked.
"I'm doing okay," he said.
I nodded, not knowing what to say.
There was a long awkward silence before he spoke again.
"Remember that time I threw up on that girls dress at prom?" he questioned.
"Yea, that was hilarious," I laughed.
He sighed.
I looked up.
"You know, your smile is still as beautiful as ever," he said, causing me to blush and look down.
But he moved closer and lifted my head up with his pointer finger.
"I never fell out of love with you, you know that? Actually, I've missed you like crazy," he confessed.
"Yea, well, I think I've missed you more," I said.
By now, my arms were wrapped around his neck and his were around my waist.
"What we had was too good to let go. I know you live in New York City now, but whatever you need, I can provide for you. Come live with me in Los Angeles. I can't lose you again, I love you. I always have," he said, his forehead resting on mine.
I smiled and then kissed him, savoring the moment that I had been waiting forever for.
"Of course I'll come to LA with you. I love you too, I have since the 8th grade," I replied.
A huge smile grew on his face and he hugged me tight.
"Guess what everyone? The high school sweethearts are finally back together!" Someone yelled from the gym.
Jack and I started laughing, still clinging to each other.
We're back.

Memories - Maroon 5

"𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑"