𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 𝕙𝕠𝕞𝕖 ♫ 𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕓𝕪𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕟

I slid down my bedroom door, pulling at my hair.
My parents were going at it again and I just wanted to block it all out.
This was an everyday thing.
Something would happen, usually something small and insignificant, and they would get into a battle, which only resulted in me bruised and in pain.
There was only one person that could make me feel better.
Corbyn.
We've been close friends all out lives and he's the only one that knows that my family is a complete and total mess.
I grabbed a hoodie and threw it on, slipping my feet into my white vans.
I grabbed my phone and pushed my window open, climbing out.
I texted Corbyn telling him I was coming over, him responding with ok.
It didn't matter what was going on at the Besson house, I was always welcome.
His whole family knew what my family was like so, they let me come over whenever.
As I walked to his house, tears welled up in my eyes.
My family is so terrible.
Every word they say is sharp like a knife and each and every word cut me down.
I want to scream, pound on the walls of our house, do anything to make them realize that I'm still there, still in the middle of our broken home.
But I knew it wouldn't work.
They wouldn't care.
I'm invisible to them.
By now, tears were flowing freely down my face.
I walked up to Corbyn's door and let myself in.
As soon as I walked through the door, Corbyn came bounding down the stairs, letting me fall into his arms.
"Shhh, I know. I got you, don't cry," he whispered, holding me tight.
"Why? Where did they lose their happiness? Why am I stuck in the middle of all this?" I cried, holding on to Corbyn like he was the only thing I had left.
Which he was.
"I don't know. But I do know that you've gotta let it go. They've pretty much locked you out in the cold and there's absolutely nothing you can do. You're turning 18 in 2 weeks, as soon as you turn 18, come straight here. You can live here. Hell, you could live in a cardboard box on the street if you wanted to, you just need to let it go and get out of that broken home," he said, running his fingers through my hair.
I nodded, but didn't let go of him.
He picked me up and walked upstairs to his room, setting me down on his bed and throwing me a pair of sweatpants.
I went to the bathroom and changed out of my jeans and into the sweatpants.
I walked back out into his room and he was already under the covers, one side of the bed empty for me.
I crawled under the covers and he turned off the lights. He threw his arm around my waist and pulled me close. I cuddled into his chest and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

11 years later

"Daddy, what's a divorce?"
I looked up from the kitchen table to see Corbyn and I's daughter staring up at Corbyn.
He leaned down and picked her up, walking to the couch and sitting down on it.
"Well, a divorce is something that mommy's and daddy's get. Sometimes a mommy and a daddy aren't meant to be together, so they get what's called a divorce. Getting a divorce means you aren't married anymore," he explained, our daughter listening intently.
"Is that gonna happen to you and mommy?" She asked, innocently.
"No. I promise you that. Your mommy and I love each other very much and I can't even imagine a life without her. We would never do anything hurt you or each other." he said, sweetly.
"Good because I don't want you too," she smiled, attacking Corbyn with a hug.
"Alright, alright, I think it's past your bedtime," Corbyn reminded.
He stood up, walking upstairs to put her to bed.
I smiled, drying a few dishes.
Corbyn walked back downstairs and over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.
I turned around, hugging him.
"What's this for?" He asked me.
"For promising me and our daughter something that I wanted for my parents all my life," I replied.
He smiled.
"Love, that broken home made you so strong. I love you," he whispered into my neck.
"Well, yea, but you made me stronger by giving me the advice I needed exactly when I needed it," I said.
"Huh?" He looked up.
"That night I walked to your house and you told me to get out of there and live with you. I wouldn't have made it another day if it weren't for you telling me that. You gave me hope that night," I explained.
He smiled and kissed me gently.
"I love you so much," he whispered.
"I love you so much more," I replied.

Broken Home - 5 Seconds of Summer

"𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗"