4 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖 𝑎𝑚 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑑"
∞༺♡༻✧

I stared out the window, keeping an eye out for Daniel's car.
He texted me and told me that he is coming over because he wants to talk.
Which can't mean anything good.
I've been friends with Daniel my whole life and I know him inside and out. He's never serious, so something is definitely up.
As his car rolled into my driveway, I froze.
I've never been scared to talk to Daniel, never once in my life. But that all changed today.
I sat on my bed, I knew he would let himself in.
Which he did.
It didn't take him long to make his way up to my room.
"Hey," I smiled, trying to act like nothing was wrong.
"You need to tell me what the hell is going on with you right now," he demanded, not even bothering to say hi back.
"What do you mean?" I asked, very confused.
"You're distant, you never want to hang out when I ask you to, you sit as far away from me as possible, you're jumpy around me, you won't even let me fucking hug you!" he yelled, getting angry.
I've only seen Daniel truly angry about a total of two times in my whole life and when he does get angry, it's not pretty. It's actually really scary.
"I...I just..."
I knew exactly what I wanted to say.
But I couldn't say it.
"Don't you think I deserve some type of explanation? I mean what the fuck? It's not like I'm some stranger you just met, I'm your fucking best friend!"
"Daniel, please stop yelling," I said, calmly.
He rolled his eyes and locked his hands behind his head, pacing around my room.
He stopped and stared at me expectantly.
I looked into his eyes and I felt scared.
They weren't the warm, loving, welcoming eyes I always loved. They were cold and mean looking. His arms were crossed over his chest and he was clearly angry.
I broke down, not being able to handle having him stare at me with cold eyes.
He sighed and sat down, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I jumped up, refusing to melt under his touch.
"Dude, what the fuck! This is exactly what I mean! Two weeks ago you slept next to me in my bed, now you won't even let me touch your fucking shoulder!"
Without thinking, I snapped back at him.
"I love you and I am terrified!"
He froze, staring at me.
"I'm sorry, but I do. Somewhere along the line, I'm not sure where, I fell in love with you. And I don't see myself falling out of love anytime soon."
His face softened and those loving eyes returned.
"But why are you terrified?"
"Because, Daniel, you deserve the whole entire world. You could have anyone you want. I know that you probably don't feel the same way I do, but if for some reason you do...I'm just scared that I'm not good enough for you. I'm scared that I'm not capable of loving you the way you deserve to be loved."
"You've got to be fucking kidding me," he said, sending me into a panic.
I couldn't lose my best friend.
Tears rapidly escaped my eyes as I waited for Daniel to say something.
"Why the hell would you think I wouldn't feel the same way? Of course I fucking love you! I've loved you since the seventh grade! And I don't think anyone could ever love me better than you. Not a single soul compares to you." he said, slowly coming closer to me.
For the first time in two weeks, I hugged him.
I felt him relax in my arms and I knew that my sweet, caring, loving Daniel was back.
Without a second thought, I pulled him into a passionate kiss, something I had been longing for.
As soon as we broke for air, huge smiles crept onto our faces.
"I love you so fucking much, never forget that."
"I love you too."

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 12/21/19
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧