𝟷𝟻𝟻, 𝟷𝟻𝟽, 𝟷𝟼𝟼, 𝟸𝟶𝟶 ❁ 𝚓𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚑 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚜

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @_𝗯𝗲𝗯𝗯𝗲𝗽_
"𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑖 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒"
"𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢"
"𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒. 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒"
"𝑑𝑎𝑑?"
∞༺♡༻✧

teenagers.
they're a pain in the ass.
especially when you have a 17 year old daughter that wants nothing but to be left alone all the time and a husband that wants to spend all his time with his daughter.
i understand both sides of the argument, but i must say, my heart hurts for my husband.
ever since jonah found out i was pregnant, he went into full on dad mode. he literally never left my side while i was pregnant and he actually forced his band to cancel part of their tour so that he could be home with me and our daughter. he taught her almost everything growing up and she didn't even have the chance to cry because jonah always made her feel better no matter what. jonah taught her how to play softball and how to ride a bike. jonah was the one that was home when she got her first period and he stayed by her side every single time she was sick.
now that she's older, she thinks she doesn't need anyone. which, from what i can tell, is really hard on jonah. i understand that she's about to be 18 and she wants her freedom, but she shouldn't neglect her father.
jonah doesn't quite understand that it's time to let go, but he's trying his best.
today, our daughter decided that she was going to go out to a party without telling us.
jonah and i were peacefully sitting on the couch, watching a movie when she came downstairs. i'm all for showing some skin and shaking some ass, but when you see your daughter wearing a mini skirt and a shirt with a whole hell of a lot of cleavage, you become protective. i didn't like the outfit, she's still my kid even though she's 17.
"where the hell do you think you're going dressed like that?" jonah asked, cocking an eyebrow.
"riley's party. bye," she said, grabbing her keys and walking to the door.
"hold up young lady. you are not leaving the house wearing that," jonah said.
"oh my god, i'm literally almost 18 years old and you're still trying to tell me what to wear. just let me live, you're so annoying," he groaned.
"hey, don't talk to your father like that," i shot back, glaring at her as a warning.
"why not? all he does is follow me around! he never leaves me alone!" she yelled back.
"oh, i'm so sorry for caring about my daughter. i know you're 17 but i'm still your father!" jonah replied.
"no, dad, i don't need you! i'm old enough to make my own decisions, just leave me alone!" she said, opening out front door.
"don't you dare walk out that door," jonah growled.
"or what? give me one single fucking reason i shouldn't leave!" she said.
"if you leave, you're grounded for a month!" jonah snarled.
she slammed the door closed and threw her keys at jonah.
"fuck you, dad. you always ruin everything, i hate you!" she screamed before running to her room and slamming the door shut.
jonah sat down and ran his hands over his face. i rubbed his back, knowing that he was upset.
"i fucked up," he sighed.
"no, you both fucked up."
he looked at me sadly, so i hugged him, trying to make my husband feel better.
"jonah, sweetheart, i know it's hard, but you have to let her go. no, i'm not saying that the outfit was appropriate and no i'm not saying she is allowed to talk to you like that, but....she's not a little kid anymore. i know you love her and she will always be your little girl in your head, but she's not a little girl anymore," i said softly, trying my best not to upset him further.
tears filled his eyes, causing tears to fill mine. he knew this already, but nobody had ever said it out loud to him.
"don't cry, jobear. it's just the cycle of life. she loves you, honey. she's still your daughter, it's not like she's dead," i comforted, rubbing his cheek with my thumb.
"i know...i just miss when she was little and i could hold her and teach her things. can we just have another baby?" he looked at me with puppy eyes.
"don't even think about it, jo. i'll go talk to her, i'll be back," i said.
i left a soft kiss on my husbands forehead and then headed upstairs to talk to my daughter.
i didn't knock, i just barged in, seeing her aggressively wiping her makeup off.
"what?" she spat.
"ok, first, don't get all pissy, i just want to talk you. second, you know that your father loves you and you know that he's sensitive, so why the hell would you talk to him like that?" i asked, sitting on her bed.
"because! he's just always over my shoulder, like why won't he just let me be. he always wants to do stuff and hangout with me, but i just want him to leave me alone," she complained.
"honey, i understand that. i really understand that, believe me. when your dad and i first got together, he never left my side. literally never. he's overprotective and clingy, but it's only because he loves us. just talk to him about it, he'll understand. it's also just hard for him because you're not a little kid anymore and he misses it. he is downstairs in tears right now. just go tell him you love him and that your sorry," i said.
she nodded and made her way downstairs. i followed and hid around the corner listening in.
"dad?" she said quietly.
jonah looked up and she moved over to him, hugging him.
he hugged back weakly, i could tell he was very upset.
"i'm sorry," she said.
jonah only looked away. he was clearly hurt.
"dad, just talk to me. please," she sighed.
"do you really hate me? i raised you, i love you and in return you tell me you hate me?" he said, his voice cracking.
"no, no dad, i don't hate you. i was just mad," she replied.
"it's just hard seeing my little girl all grown up. i'm sorry i yelled and i'm sorry i'm a clingy overprotective helicopter parent, but....but it's just hard for me," he admitted.
"well, i'm still your kid. i just....do adult things more," she shrugged.
he looked up and smiled through his tears, hugging her.
"i love you, dad," she said, hugging him tight.
"i love you my baby. now, where's your mother, we have movies to watch abs chocolate to eat," he smiled.
i walked out from the hallway and sat on the other side of jonah, letting him wrap his arm around me. i rested my head on his chest, our daughter resting her head on his shoulder.
"this is the best night of my life. i get to watch movies and cuddle with my girls," jonah sighed.
"shh, dad, the movies starting!"
i looked up to see jonah grinning. i placed a soft kiss on his cheek, then rested back on his chest again.
he's happy, so i'm happy.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟭𝟮/𝟭𝟭/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧