𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪……✎

"Mom? Dad?" The little girl called out innocently, holding onto the rails as she carefully walked up the creaky stairway.

"M-mom?" The clueless child pushed the slightly ajar door open, revealing her parents lying on the ground in their bedroom. She quickly made her way over to them, stooping down next to their lifeless bodies that was surrounded by blood.

"They're dead..." She whimpered out, holding back her agonizing cries due to the fact that her sister was peacefully sleeping downstairs.

"They're dead." She repeated once more in utter disbelief, unable to move a single muscle as her eyes flickered over their tattered bodies. Gashes and visible sword marks were displayed all over their skin, expelling warm blood.

"THEY'RE DEAD!"

Sweating, Haeun bolted up from her bed making the covers that were draped over her fall to her sides. Her breathing was abnormal as her chest heaved up and down rapidly, still in traumatic shock from the reoccurring nightmare.

"Damn...", she mumbled under her breath, wiping away the trickling beads of sweat that moistened her skin.

"9 antagonizing years..!" She choked out, still trying to compose herself due to the twisted horror she had witnessed once again.

Seeing her dead parents in her dreams was pretty normal for the 19 year old girl but it always affected her in some way possible. There were once nights where she'd wake up crying or just purely filled with hatred, hatred fueled towards the people who mercilessly murdered her family without a plausible reason.

"Sissy?" The distressed girl snapped her head in the direction where her sister's voice erupted from, softening her gaze as she looked at the tiny child staring at her from beside her bedroom door with worried eyes.

"Did I wake you? Jia I'm sorry.." Sitting up, the older sister patted a spot next to her on her bed, gesturing for the little girl to sit.

Wordlessly, the little girl barged into Haeun's room, jumping up on the bed, taking a comfortable seat next to her sister.

The deafening silence around them coated the room. Shadows of the swaying trees were casted upon the painted walls, decorating them with weird shapes. The continuous chirps of crickets polluted the air every now and then, promoting a perfect mood of tranquility and calmness.

"Did you have a bad dream again?" The small child sitting atop Haeun's bed asked slowly in a low tone, brushing her tiny fingers over the soft blanket, making unusual creatures on them.

"Mhmm but it's nothing your big sis can't handle." Haeun put up a positive smile, hugging the girl tightly.

Jia was everything to Haeun. She was the only family the girl had left and it was her duty to raise the girl to the best of her abilities and so Haeun did in ways you'd never imagine.

"Come on, time to go back to bed. Sleep well, okay?" Haeun whispered calmly to her sister, leading her back to her room before making her way back into her designated room, plopping herself down on her bed. It had been 9 years since they felt the warmth and comfort of having a welcoming home with a family. Past memories that the girl once peacefully shared with both of her parents were drifting away, forming itself into a blurry array of evocation that broke her or sometimes healed her. Though to most, Haeun seemed like any other typical person. She was kind, sweet and polite, always helping out her village in many ways but little did they know she was capable of more treacherous deeds.

The inconspicuous village of Midver was located in Sertine, one of the most beautiful continents of the world. Midver was a small village located between Nethilor and Atraxia. Sertine was divided into three main kingdoms; Nethilor-ruled by Choi Minho, Rivern-ruled by Lee Minhyung and Atraxia-ruled by Kang Taehyun. Each kingdom once ruled in prosperity over their designated lands but due to the poverty in some areas of the kingdoms, some delinquents decided to fight back. Some would hire people to kill for them, eliminating royal members if they liked. All of this was done in secrecy of course.

Nethilor was the name of the Kingdom in the far south. It was located among mountains and streams, beautiful trees populated the area generating a peaceful vibe. The kingdom itself seemed calm and out of trouble and well...it was, but dark secrets were also locked away in that very castle situated in that Kingdom.

"Wake up. You have to meet client 47." The voice of Youngjae filtered from behind Haeun's door, walking the girl up from her slumber. Youngjae was the famous assassin of all Sertine, feared by every living being for his deadly combat skills but now, his title was fading due to the fact that he was diminishing in those very skills that made him who he was today. After Haeun and Jia's parents had died 9 years ago, he allowed them to stay with him but in return he'd train Haeun to carry on his legacy.

Youngjae wasn't the type of person who'd kill innocent people without a reason. There were orders that he'd either accept or turn down due to the seriousness of it but Haeun on the other hand was a bit more ruthless than he was. She was the prodigy of the very great silent killer and it also happened that she surpassed him with her abilities.

Youngjae was most wanted so he stayed hidden, locked away in an abandoned house where Haeun and Jia also took residence. The only source of income was through Haeun's successful assassinations. Sometimes the girl would be gone for weeks, departing from her little sister just so that she could earn money to provide for her. Though Youngjae was a very dangerous man he was also pure of heart so taking care of the little girl while Haeun was gone wasn't a problem.

Client 47 was Haeun's next way of getting money. She'd do all kinds of assassinations. Once she was paid a large sum to assassinate a woman of the first name Sujin. No information was given on the woman and the client never revealed their identity but that was pretty common when orders were placed. No one knew each other's identity.

"I'm coming!" Haeun announced, fumbling out of her bed to get dressed in clothing that would conceal her face or anything that could play a role to get her noticed.

After fully clothing herself in a green velvet cloak, daggers were strapped to her leg, hidden in plain sight just for precaution. The girl made her way out to the location that was sent through letter. She had to meet client 47 at an old Armory in the old ruins part of the village. Meeting in areas with no lingering human beings were the best places to go since there would be full privacy.

Walking up the broken concrete steps of the armory the girl noticed a shadowy figure standing behind a pillar. Making her way there, all that was exchanged was silence and a letter. Taking the paper out of the client's hand, the girl noticed an emerald dragon ring clinging around the person's thick finger before adverting her gaze elsewhere. They didn't say a single word and just went their separate ways after that.

When the girl got home, she sat herself down on her bed, opening up the mysterious letter.

"Kill Choi Beomgyu, the Prince of Nethilor with any means necessary but first you must acquire the pendant that he wears around his neck. Bring that to me with his head."

"You will be paid a sum of 100 million won if the mission is successful."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·