𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𓆩𓆪......✎

The four young adults found places to sit in the empty balcony, brewing briefly in the silence that only introduced more plaguing thoughts on the conundrum that fogged everyone's ticking minds. Not a single word slipped from anyone's mouth after Haeun's salient statement that drastically altered the mood of the other three humans there. They knew this was coming. It was inevitable. It was the main reason why everyone was gathered in Taehyun's castle in the first place. As much as the four of them wanted to relish in the happiness of finally being able to see and talk to each other once again, they knew, they all knew that they had more trivial matters at hand, and it had to be dealt with. The dreary looks on their faces were enough to tell that they were all worried about the dilemma, but they were just too overwhelmed to do anything on their own. What could they do on their own? Against a king? A king who was set on killing his own son just for a simple pendant. A king who couldn't even treat his son like a human being when their queen died. A king that had no empathy and blindly blamed the death of his wife on a child. A child. You call that a King? 

That's not what you call a king. 

That's a psychopath.

 Someone who didn't deserve the life he was given. 

"How are we supposed to bring this man down? How are we supposed to fight him? He has control over all his knights in his kingdom and they're willing to give their life up to satisfy his every word. If we want to keep this on the low, I don't think using aide from my kingdom will be an intellectual thing to do. It'll attract too much attention." 

"Well, we have an assassin, don't we? The deadliest one there is in the three kingdoms!" Kai exclaimed, interjecting right as Taehyun was about to continue. The boy glanced at the said assassin with a childish grin playing at his lips, fully aware that he made Haeun smile because of his statement. 

"Uh, no", Beomgyu sent a stern glare in Kai's direction, trailing his eyes over to the assassin as well, "She has been through enough pain already. She has to recover. I'm not letting her go anywhere near that man-!" Beomgyu blurted out, causing the room to sizzle in a brief hint of silence before Haeun jumped up to protest. 

"What? You can't decide that! I can fight! I'm not going to cower behind while you three go off to take that man down!" The girl scoffed, rolling her eyes at the prince in disbelief. 

"Haeun please—" 

"No! I can do this! I'm more efficient that the three of you possibly could be! How could you honestly expect me to sit back and do nothing!? Taehyun, tell him!" The pleading look in Haeun's eyes as they begged her friend to take her side and agree with her unfortunately wasn't enough to convince the boy to back her. Taehyun turned away from the girl, directing his focus on the prince beside him. 

"Haeun...Beomgyu's right. You're still not properly healed. I think it's best you take it easy." The king couldn't dare make eye contact with the girl because he wouldn't be able to handle the look of betrayal, she'd give him. Haeun fell back in her chair, defeated. She couldn't even look to Kai for help because he too would take their side in a disagreement like this. Of course, Kai would also go against what he was vouching for earlier because he wanted what's 'best for her'. 

"Really guys? Do you honestly think I can't handle myself? Do you know what I've been through before I even met you dipshits??" Haeun scoffed, irritated by the way things were going now. 

"Well, that's why we're looking out for you. Taking care of you. Doing what's best for you." Kai finally added, trying his best to calm the storm that was being incited.