𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

We're even now, right? I won't have to keep the facade up anymore just because I was thankful for her saving my life.

"Aren't you a prince? Cant you shut places like this down?" Haeun questioned, genuinely asking the prince an intellectual question for once.

"It wouldn't do any good. They'd just find other illegal ways to sell stuff in the kingdom. Shutting places like these down could also increase the killing of innocent people over material things like money or authority." Beomgyu answered expectantly, keeping his gaze focused on in front of him in case he caught sight of the man.

"Ah, well I guess you're right." The assassin commented, pausing a little before asking another question. "Why are you doing this?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you searching for the assassin? Are you going to kill him?" The girl asked, awaiting patiently for an answer from the prince.

"It's-" the royal paused, gently grabbing onto a piece of fabric from the girl's sleeve, moving her aside from getting hit by passing by people. "It's none of your business." He continued dryly, giving the girl a expressionless reaction.

She folded her arm over her chest with a little pout. "You're mean."

"Oh yeah? Well stop asking questions and shut up." He commented dully, pulling the girl's hoodie down more to cover her face.

"Yah! You prick-!" She accidentally let her mouth slip up, earning a glare from the prince himself. Falling behind Beomgyu, the girl was bracing onto a wall, propping her foot up to keep her steady balance as she observed the people around her.

One minute he's talkative a chill and the next he's secluded and dead. Every time I take a step forward it feels like I'm also taking three steps backward with this progress. How long is this going to go on for? How long will it take until I get to go home to see my sister?? I hope her and Youngjae are doing okay...

"Youngjae..?" She mumbled to herself as her eyes were locked on familiar figure standing beside a stall.

What the heck is he doing here?! Am I seeing right?! The confounded girl wiped her eyes but the figure still remained leaning on the stall, talking to an unknown person.

Haeun shifted forward, sneaking behind Beomgyu and disappearing into the crowd, heading towards the male. As she got closer she could definitely confirm it was Youngjae by his voice and posture.

"Youngjae what the hell are you doing here??" She whisper-yelled, pulling the man away from the person beside him.

"Jin-Ho give me a minute-"

Did he just say Jin-Ho??! Hold up-

"Youngjae what the hell?? Where is Jia?! Why are you even here??" The girl spat multiple questions at the man who looked surprised himself to see the girl there.

"Haeun??" He asked in a hushed voice, eyes widening a fraction as he flickered his gaze over the girl's face.

"Shhhh. Don't call me that. The prince is literally here. If he sees you, you're in big trouble and if he sees me with you I'm in even bigger trouble!" The girl exclaimed, ducking down to talk to him. "Why are you here and how do you know Jin-Ho? The prince is actually looking for him right now. He thinks he could be the assassin. He thinks Jin-Ho is me."

"W-what? Why are you with him?? What if he finds out-??" Youngjae asked worriedly.

"He won't. Now tell me why you're here." Haeun ordered coldly, gazing at the older male in utmost confusion.