𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

Haeun woke up the next day with a pounding headache. She could barely lift herself off her bed. It was as if all the energy in her had drained out. The night before she was puking her stomach out and was sure to make a mental note to not ever buy food in black markets anymore.

Her body was weak, her eyes were droopy and her face was pale. She was sweating profusely but she couldn't manage to move a muscle.

What's wrong with me? Did the woman poison the food or something?? Am I dying? Am I going to go down this lamely? Jeeez...

The girl slowly felt herself drowning in a deeper pool of anxiety and numbness. Her eyelids slammed shut and she was knocked out once more into another slumber that could possibly be her last.

-

"Are the horses ready?" Beomgyu asked Jaemin as he sat at the table, eating his breakfast which was provided at the Inn. Jaemin simply nodded his head, assuring the prince that everything was set for their journey back home.

"Where is Madam Soojin?" The coachman asked politely, awaiting for an answer but Beomgyu just sat in silence without responding.

Where is she indeed. I haven't seen her since last night. Did she elope late at night because of my mistreatment of words towards her? Ahhh it's probably for the best...

"Your highness we're ready to leave but madam Soojin isn't here. Should we send someone up to call her?" Jaemin questioned once more, shifting in his seat nervously.

What a pain. "It's fine, I'll do it. I was meaning to go back up anyways." The prince got up from his seat, making his way towards the staircase that led upstairs to the hallway of rooms. Since his room was opposite hers it wasn't an issue at all for him to locate her.

He quickly grabbed his overcoat that was left in his room and stopped right in front of Haeun's doorway. I can't believe I'm doing this after what I said last night-

Beomgyu cleared his throat before calling out to her. "Soojin?"

That was the first time that name escaped from his lips. He always called her servant and nothing more, so it was very weird actually using her first name. He was slowly growing impatient due to the silence that walked back at him.

"Soojin??" He rapped on the door as he called out her name once more. "The carriage is ready for departure..."

Is this how she feels when she's the one calling out to me? Ha...

There was no response or any sort of sound coming from her room. Beomgyu was gradually building up with annoyance due to the silence he was getting. Is she really not going to speak to me because of that?

"Kang Soojin. This is Prince Choi Beomgyu. I swear to god if you're in there and still not answering me-" the prince flung the door open with clenched teeth as his eyes scanned the room.

"What the f-" his eyes trailed down to the girl laying on the floor, unconscious. His eyes widened in shock as he looked at her still figure. His body was paralyzed in panic as his eyes trailed over her unmoving body. Beomgyu quickly ran to her body on the floor, hoisting her up while calling out her name.

"Soojin??" Beomgyu was kneeling on the floor with her upper body balanced in his arms. "Soojin are you okay?!"

"Of course I'm not freaking okay." The girl suddenly groaned out, regaining her consciousness. She felt dizzy and her eyesight was glossy. The loud voice of Beomgyu had awoken her suddenly after she had passed out while trying to get to the bathroom sink.