𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𓆩𓆪……✎

"What's going on here?" A sullen voice broke out among the three who were braced against a wall, still slowly trying to catch their breaths. Each of their heads shot in the direction of the voice, quickly standing up to greet the king who was now looking at them with a scoff.

"N-nothing sir." Kai responded first, fixing his eyes down to the floor. Haeun quickly bowed to the king, also answering him politely. Beomgyu on the other hand kept silent, not even sparing a single glance at his father.

The king fell silent for a moment, eyes glued to his son who was looking down at his feet. To put it simply, Beomgyu was afraid of his father. He developed this fear ever since that day when his father blamed him for his mother's death. He never saw that side of his father...the side that tossed him aside quickly and blamed him without even listening to the child's pleads. The side that didn't once comfort his son after being told multiple times that he was a monster.

The cause of death was never truly identified due to the fact that the king was quick to dismiss every other suggestion that could have lead to the queen's death. He was so sure that his own son had killed his mother, the queen, so the cause of her death was never professionally revealed.

"Well get cleaned up at once. We're having a visitor." The king ordered before walking off, disappearing in the distant halls.

"Damn what a way to ruin the mood." Haeun scoffed, folding her hands over her chest. She wiped away the sweat that trickled down her forehead due to the tickle fight the three of them had earlier.

"Heck, that's the most fun I've ever had since..forever!" Kai giggled out happily, brightly smiling at the assassin. Haeun gushed, smiling back at him as well then turned to look at Beomgyu. He was unusually quiet ever since the king came.

What's up with him? Why'd he get so quiet? Is it because of the king? Hmph, this is really starting to grasp my interest very much. What truly happened to him?

"Beom-"

"We should get washed up. The king might get mad if we're late." Kai interrupted Haeun who was about to ask Beomgyu a question. She quickly dismissed her thoughts, agreeing with Kai.

"Yeah you're right."

-

"Oh shit! Oh shit! OH SHIT! I'm late!" Haeun cried out bitterly, accidentally slamming her door a bit too hard because she was in a hurry to the dining hall. Wait, do I have to call upon the prince as well? Uhhhh...

The servant quickly made her way in front of the royal's doorway and called out to him but got no response. Is he taking a bath or something, or did he already leave??

"Your highness? Are you finished? We're a bit late and I think the king is gonna be a bit furious." The girl spoke from behind the door but just got silence walking back to her. She was left with only one thing, going into the room to make sure shit was okay since that was basically her job..right? She totally wasn't going to use this as an opportunity to look for the pendant.

Haeun placed her hand on the knob of the door, slowly turning it. She lightly pushed the door open, standing still right at the open doorway to make sure no one was inside before entering.