𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

══☆⌒*

Forty-two

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Haeun struggled to reach the back of her corset to tighten the strings. Her hands were unable to reach the upper part of her back and she was slowly starting to get pissed at the inconvenience she was dawned with.

These stupid clothes are always a pain to put on! I can't do this on my own!

The girl looked around the dressing room for the maid but she had surprisingly left. Now how was she going to ask for help?

Ugh...I swear to god-! Where did the damned maid go!?

Haeun lightly trudged out of the dressing room, holding up her undone dress as she scanned the halls with her back exposed. She was poking her head out through the curtains, peeking over the edge of the wall in case anyone was passing by.

Why must dressing be so ha-

"You need something..?" A sudden voice broke out from behind the girl, making her spin around on her heels to face the person who was now in front of her with raised brows.

"Beomgyu.." The assassin breathed out shakily, trailing her eyes over the boy who was dressed up to par in very different clothing from before.

There was still some tension between all of them since Haeun shed light on the fact that her parents were dead and Beomgyu for one felt horrible due to the fact that he had poured his problems about his family to her whilst he had no idea hers were dead.

He knew how it felt to lose a parent and seeing how she lost both, he felt really sorry but judging by how she dismissed Kai earlier about it saying she didn't remember them made him realize she was truly hurting on the inside.

He was once like that and well, he still is but because she was there and listened to him he felt somewhat relieved of some of the weight he was carrying alone.

"Y-you..." The Prince's eyes trailed down to the girl's figure before respectfully looking away because she wasn't fully clothed. "Is there a problem?" Beomgyu asked, backing away from the girl to put some space between them.

"Well...ugh- kinda embarrassing but I can't reach to tie the strings on the back of my corset so can you help me?" Haeun asked, moving her hair out of the way to allow the prince to have full access to the strings on the back of the corset.

The royal's eyes trailed down her exposed skin, frozen in place when his eyes scanned an unusual scar that was a salient feature of hers he hadn't known of. Beomgyu's hand subconsciously outstretched, hovering over the prominent mark that contrasted with her pale skin.

W-what's this? It can't be...right? It's just a scar. Anyone can have it! But--

"You struggling at the back there too? I should just go look for a maid.." The assassin sighed heavily and was about to move away but Beomgyu stopped her. His hands were on her hips, pulling her closer to him from behind. Haeun could have sworn she felt something ignite inside of her but she quickly pushed it away.

"It's fine, I can manage." The prince stated in a husky voice, internally fighting off the conflicting thoughts that plagued his mind about the girl's scar.

Beomgyu's fingers lightly traced the girl's skin, moving her hair over her shoulders slowly. He started from the very bottom of the V in her dress, firmly gripping onto the strings in his hands. He pulled it tightly, passing each string through the designated holes on each side of the corset. He was doing this in a slowly, tactful yet aggressive manner.

After he had finished properly tieing her strings on the back, he subtly spun the girl around to face him. His eyes were locked with hers but then she quickly looked away, adverting her attention elsewhere.

There was undeniably a lot of tension between them at the moment.

Haeun's heart was beating out of her chest for she had now realized of the major mistake she made. How would she explain the huge scar on her back? Would he even listen or believe her?

"Look at me." Beomgyu's voice broke out in an undertone, still somewhat husky and deep. He gazed down the at girl in front of him, observing her change of demeanor.

"I said look at me." He stated once more but in a calmed voice. The prince lifted his hand, using it to tilt the girl's head upwards so she would look directly at him.

The assassin's breath was hitched in her throat and her heart was palpitating in her chest at unusual speeds. The look Beomgyu gave her was unreadable. She couldn't tell if he was suspicious of her or if he was just seriously teasing her.

Haeun bit her lip, gazing up at the royal with doe eyes. The Prince's eyes scanned the girl's stilled face, lost in the wonders of trying to figure out who or what she truly was since there was definitely more to her than just a simple maid.

Beomgyu cupped the girl's cheek with both of his hands, staring directly into her emerald eyes. His face was unhinged and he looked at her with an expressionless look.

What is going to escape from those lips of his? Will his words impact me greatly? Will he question me about my scar? Does he know?

"Beomgyu.." Haeun breathed out lowly, eyes glinting with slight guilt as she silently pleaded with herself that he wasn't piecing the puzzle together.

His name left her lips as though she was about to convince him that whatever he was thinking was wrong, that she had an answer to his every thought but no, he hadn't even given her time to say anything else.

He placed a single finger over her soft, slightly parted lips, eyeing her bewildered expression in much content.

"Shhh---", he whispered casually, leaning closer to her ear with a grin playing at his lips.

"Your sole existence must be to confuse me, my heart and my mind, love."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
GUYS AKXNAOCKADKWODOQKSIAJF
OKAY, I'm really sorry I took so long to post this chapter, I started attending physical school once more and I had all my focus on that, that I hadn't any extra time to continue writing this chapter-

BUT HERE IT IS- it kinda sounds shitty but meh

AND YES I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT

Stay safe and healthy my loves <3