𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪......✎

"Is this it?" Beomgyu questioned in a disgruntled tone. His brows were raised in anticipation as his eyes skimmed the face of Yeonjun.

A harsh breath of hot air was expelled from the brown-haired male's lips as his joints began to ache due to any form of movement. Dry blood stained the left side of his temple, trickling down his cheek, leaving a streak of red, painted alongside his face. His face wasn't pale anymore, it was completely covered in bruises, blood and was puffed up like a damn puffer fish. Yeonjun's right arm was snapped—broken like it was just a mere doll's hand and one of his fingers on his left hand was of no more. His eyes were red, swimming with the emotion known as fear. His entire body was trembling under the cold whiff of breeze that would continuously swish by.

"Y-yes." Yeonjun admitted monotonously, crouching down on the bare dirt ground to even out his breathing. There was a dagger that was left embedded in the man's left thigh, drenching his tattered pants in blood which would only cause more severe pain if removed. He had a terrible brawl with Beomgyu, the same Beomgyu who shouldn't be messed with when he was mad. Yeonjun had his chance, yet he chose to be a fool and anger the male. Speaking ill about his Haeun? And capturing her and torturing her?? It was as though Yeonjun was asking for it...begging for it even. There was no way he expected himself to walk freely after committing such absurd deeds to the woman he loved. Adored. Cared for so much. If he had the chance, the prince would have erased him from existence the very moment he had bad talked Haeun but he needed to find out where she was being kept. That was the only reason that Beomgyu kept that wretched man alive.

Beomgyu's eyes observed the old, abandoned building that was towering over him in the middle of nowhere. The zinc flaps on the broken windows created eerie noises as the night's wind howled by, smacking the covering on the wall continuously. The building was completely dark with no sign of human life whatsoever. It was quiet. Nothing but the sound of the wind and rustling trees could be heard in the far distance. "Get up and open the door," the prince ordered. Yeonjun let out a low exasperated gasp, suffering from all the pain his body was enduring but he was in no place to complain.

"If she's not there Yeonjun...I swear I'm going to completely take away your ability to walk and talk."

"Tch, psycho." The injured man retorted in a silent tone. "You say something?" The royal commented, fixating his sickening gaze on the male that only shook his head in return. He hastily made his way towards the padlocked door, pulling out something from around his neck. It was a necklace with what seemed like a key to the lock. It was hung low around his neck the entire time for 'safe keeping'.

"Hurry the fuck up or I'll make sure to break your other hand to make it even." Beomgyu grumbled out, smacking the male behind his head.

The chains were quick to untangle itself from around the door handle and the padlock was tossed to the side. Yeonjun slowly pushed the door open with the little brute strength he had left, allowing for a new scenery to fall in place. Old broken furniture, rusty metal desks, metal cabinets, fallen beams of wood and many other old thingmajigs were lying around everywhere collecting dust.

The atmosphere inside of the building smelled like damp, rotted wood mixed with a tinge of iron probably due to the enormous links of chain that were suspended from the roof. There were holes in the degraded zinc that was supposed to shelter the ceiling from the outside weather that allowed for beams of the moonlight to filter through. The warehouse was only omitting darkness from deeper within and a growing stench of rotten, almost similar to scent of dead flesh polluted the air.

Rats were heard scrambling about in the distance as the presence of the two males erupted life in the depressing run-down building they were in. Beomgyu had made Yeonjun carry a mediocre gas lamp in order for them to illuminate the sickening darkness that cloaked the entire room.

"Well Yeonjun," Beomgyu exhaled haggardly. "Lead the way." The royal added with a snicker, shoving Yeonjun slightly forward into the cold eerie room. Imagine having to walk, much less stand still right after a fight where you broke your arm, lost a finger and even got stabbed. Imagine the immense pain Yeonjun was in...all because he didn't cooperate. It was as though the man was basically enduring the same suffering he made Haeun go through, although hers was definitely more consistent in a sense.

Yeonjun heaved a heavy sigh, forcing his body to comply with the prince's order. His mind was flooded with feelings of regret, remorse and reflection. Getting beaten to a pulp surely did something to him, something that made the contraptions in his mind to work. He was reflecting on his actions, his words and his entire life leading up to that point.

This is how I made my life become...?

This is how I live? By killing and torturing people with no remorse...?

What happened to my dreams that I had while growing up? What happened to wanting to be a designer? Of wanting to create things that would benefit not only myself but others? What happened to those aspirations that I wanted to perceive??

How did I end up here? How did I end up doing so much wrong?

Why am I even ali—

"HAEUN-?!"

The sudden loud voice of Beomgyu filled the empty halls as his eyes were glued to the woman bounded in the chair; snapping Yeonjun out of his mind of misery.

"Haeun...oh my goodness have I missed you so fucking much." Tears welled up in the royal's eyes as he flung his lanky body by the woman's side, gripping her into a tight embrace. She didn't even speak yet she was conscious, or that's at least what she seemed to be.

Was she even conscious? She did not move a muscle or wrap her hands around the prince. She did not talk, not to even mutter a single word. She did not blink yet her eyes were wide open. Her face was pale and sunken and lacked it's usual glow. Her body seemed frail, almost like it would break even under the gentlest touch.

"Haeun? Haeun talk to me..."

"Haeun..."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·