𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

"This is....?" Haeun mumbled cluelessly as she scanned the area around her. People were bustling everywhere, walking around in loose clothing draped over their faces to conceal their identity just like the prince and the assassin.

"An underground black market." Beomgyu finished her sentence with a grumble. Ever since they had stepped foot out of the carriage the girl had many questions to ask and Beomgyu could only answer a limited amount before losing his calmness and patience with the girl.

"You think the assassin could be here..?" She whispered out, gaining a weird look from the prince.

"I don't recall telling you we're here to find an assassin." Beomgyu said with raised brows, eyeing the girl in suspicion.

"Well-" she choked out, realizing she made a big mistake. "Last time, you asked the person if they knew Youngjae...and said something about a mark, so it would lead me to think that you're looking for the assassin everyone's talking about. That's the only logical conclusion I could come to your highness." The girl answered confidently, making sure to not show him any signs of her spurious behavior.

The prince sighed to himself as the little ounce of suspicion towards her disappeared from his mind. She's right...of course it would be obvious now. I didn't expect her to pay attention to the stuff that happens.

"Right." He breathed out, stuffing his hands in his pockets. His face was covered with a hood and so was Haeun's as they walked deeper into the more illegal part of the black market.

Body parts, crystals, gold, diamond and all kinds of weird products were set on display on different stalls on both sides of the crowded market. There was hardly any space to properly walk and the girl was getting squeezed behind and pushed back further away from the prince. Soon, the girl was separated from his highness without him even realizing because he was too focused on in front of him.

"Beomgyu-!" She called out but he couldn't hear her, in fact, she couldn't even hear herself. "Goddamnit! Why are so many people crowded here!?" She hissed out in annoyance, feeling herself getting pushed around between rugged giant men.

"Hello pretty girl." The girl was stopped by a tall buff man with a gold tooth glistening from in between his normal teeth. The man was wearing black clothing and his face was scarred pretty badly and he had an evil smile. How typical.

"Well aren't you a beauty?" The buff dude reached out to stroke the assassin's cheek but she slapped his hand away, glaring at him in disgust.

"Don't fricking touch me." She stated sternly, moving away from the man who was now boiling with anger.

"I bet those eyes would cost a fortune...and those legs." The man grimaced, trailing his eyes over the girl's body.

"What the f-"

-

On Beomgyu's end, the prince was still walking until he realized how suspiciously quiet it was. He didn't hear her voice rambling on about stupid questions nor did he feel her presence near him.

"Why is it so quiet..." The prince mumbled to himself, suddenly stopping abruptly to look over his shoulder. To his surprise there was no one there. His eyes widened as he quickly scanned the limited space around him for any sign of the girl but it was to no avail.

"Where the hell did she go?!" He grumbled out in slight concern, rubbing his temples as he looked around. He pushed his way through the crowds of people, retracing his steps.

"How did I not notice her disappear?! She's not even that freaking small!" The prince grumbled out in irritation, angry at himself for not realizing sooner.

"I bet those eyes would cost a fortune...and those legs or I can just keep you all to myself."

"What the f-?!"

Beomgyu's head shot in the direction where he heard the familiar voice exclaim. His eyes were locked on the girl's retracting figure as she moved away from the tall buff man who kept inching closer to his servant.

The prince hurriedly maneuvered his way through the crowds of people towards the girl who, surprisingly didn't look afraid but annoyed at the older, scarier man in front of her.

"Won't you shut up with that vicious tongue of yours!" The man yelled, cupping the girl's jaw with his giant bare hands which were literally so fucking big that it made her face look so small compared to his hand.

"She's mine you fricking filth." Beomgyu stated dully, giving the man a hard kick in his stomach. The prince grabbed onto the girl's hand, pulling her closer to him as he still kept his eyes on the man who was now on the floor because of his kick.

"What the-" the man couldn't even process what happened because he hit his head due to the impact of the fall.

"You sick creep!" The man hissed out, slowly picking himself up from off the floor.

"I'm the sick creep?" Beomgyu chuckled in a deep voice, which, even in the depths of a bad situation, Haeun couldn't help but appreciate how hot he sounded. "You were literally about to kidnap this woman! I'm the sick creep? Ha. Better I take care of you now before you try prying on other innocent people." Beomgyu snapped, kicking the man once more in the same spot as before but harder.

Though the man was big it didn't mean he was more skilled or efficient than the prince.

No one really cared about what was happening around them and continued on their way. Of course no one gave a shit, they were in an underground black market after all. Criminals, thugs and desperate people always lingered in places like these, waiting for the opportunity to make quick money.

"People like you really need to get taught a lesson. You screw with others so easily but can't take a single blow yourself. Assholes." Beomgyu scoffed, giving the man another painful kick to his stomach once more.

Haeun was standing aside, watching Beomgyu in slight shock due to his seething behavior.

"Now you piece of crap. Go find me a person by the name of Kim Jin-Ho and don't try to run away...I'll fricking kill you if you do." The prince instructed the man who was gripping onto his stomach while glaring at him. The tattered man didn't complain and quickly scurried along deeper into the market, complying with his Highness' order.

Beomgyu slowly turned to face the girl with eyes that shone with hidden concern.

"ShE's mInE." The girl mocked the Royal, laughing at his past words. "That was cute and all but please don't say that again. I'm not your property mister." Haeun commented, shaking her head as she tried to hold in the rest of her laughter.

"Good job though. That sucker deserved it."

"Ah piss off. I literally just saved your ass and that's what you have to say? Were you not concerned about your own life?" I can't believe a was actually worrying over this girl! How can she be so careless??

"Right." The girl cleared her throat, remembering this was all just fake and that she wasn't supposed to break character. "Thank you very much your highness!"

What a weirdo- -Beomgyu

Pertaining to the situation that had unfolded in front of her eyes, Haeun knew she could have easily taken the man down by any means necessary since he had left his guard open, allowing for any simple attack to pass through. She could have easily jabbed him in the throat, damaging his blood vessels and his trachea but well, she couldn't exactly cause a scene in a place like that especially when the prince was around.

"Seriously though, thanks." The girl smiled at him before breaking eye contact, looking away at something else.

"Yeah whatever." -Beomgyu

We're even now right?

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Ahahaha two updates in one day...😩 Y'all are blessed souls. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far lmao it's now only picking up its pace but we'll it's Slow burn so that's normal.

I hope you guys like it! Now, stay safe and healthy! <3