𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

𓆩♡𓆪......✎

Haeun's breath was hitched in her throat, nearly choking her because she was too focused on trying to stay calm and composed. Her only thought and drive were to locate her sister and Youngjae and confirm that they weren't what Minho hinted them to be—dead.

Her body was working on its own as her mind slowly started to deteriorate because of what Minho had said. She couldn't manage to silence his voice ringing in her ears, as if he was repeating his words over and over right next to her.

"It's not my fault people you care about end up dying because of me. It's their fault. Nothing will stop me from making perfect use of these crystals."

There's no way...there's no way it's true. He must be referring to something else. It can't be true-! Both of them are going to be okay!

Haeun's composure was slowly slipping, and her thoughts paraded rampantly in her mind. She couldn't handle another death like this. Especially not one for somebody who she loved. She kept telling herself it was okay. She kept telling herself they were okay but deep down her gut was twisted in knots, with the feeling of uncertainty rushing through her veins. She just wanted to find her sister and Younjae. She had to make sure they were alive, or she wouldn't be able to continue striving in peace. 

-

"What's with the rush Gyu? You can't tire yourself out now, we still have a lot more walking to do." Taehyun stated warily, wiping away the sweat that had formed on his forehead. The sun was blazing, cloaking the ground with a golden glow so reflective it was enough to hurt your eyes. The trio had been walking for a few hours, and it was soon to be late afternoon. Beomgyu only truly had one thing on his mind at the moment and it was to return to the castle as quickly as possible so he could peacefully bask in the presence of his assassin. 

"Hey! Slow down!" Kai called out to the prince, pitching his voice louder to get the royal's attention but he was too lost in thought to even notice what was going on around him. His legs were moving on its own and his mind was infested with thoughts of his lover. Yeah, he was definitely lovestruck.

"Beomgyu-!" The boy's name echoed loudly in his ear, harshly snapping him back to reality. His body jerked back with much force, knocking the air out of his chest as he collided with one of his friends. "Do you have a death wish?! Pay attention to where you're going!" Taehyun scolded him, scruffing up the male who was trying to piece together what just happened. "You almost got knocked down, dumbass." Kai butted in, ruffling up Beomgyu's hair while shooting him a very stern look. 

The royal blinked blankly, sighing in disbelief at his behavior. "I'm sorry guys, I just have a lot on my mind." Beomgyu mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck meekly as he fixed himself on the street. They were still some distance away from the person Taehyun had to meet in order to acquire more supplies and a way to leave Rivern without attracting attention. Taehyun, Beomgyu and Kai weren't exactly unpopular. They were well known throughout every kingdom, even Kai, therefore it would be difficult for them to leave since it would cause a commotion and news of their departure would spread like wildfire. 

"Let's just keep our heads in the game and focus on our main objective right now. We're almost there. I can see Soobin's signature Cafe in the distance." -Taehyun 

"Huh??" -Beomgyu 

"Cafe?!" -Kai

"I hope they're okay. I hope they're okay. GOD, I hope they're alright." Haeun exhaled shakily, adjusting her grip on the reins on the horse. She cared not for the speed she was going at, nor did she slow down for any minor inconvenience. She was grateful for the fact that they had both been residing in Rivern for the time being and even if they weren't, she would have traveled however long it would take to find them. Luckily, it didn't take long for her to be familiarized with her surroundings. Trees, mountains and an overpowering view of nature began to blanket the area, changing the scenery from an uninhabited flatland to a more welcoming aura. Haeun was very au fait with the area now how houses and people were forming in the distance. 

She had only been here once when she was little, around the age of 13. It was due to Youngjae losing all of his money in some bet that he took part in when he was wasted. This caused a backlash and seeing how they had no money to pay for a place to stay, he came to the decision of moving back to Rivern. The 3 of them had only stayed there for a few weeks and even if it was almost 6 years ago, Haeun remembered the place vividly.

The horse galloped through the old town square, creating a loud ruckus as it passed by and only the sight of a cloud of dust could be seen when it left. The assassin truly did waste no time making her way to Youngjae's old house, pushing through the now befallen darkness since the evening was slowly greeting the earth. 

After 2 rights and a left Haeun finally reached her destination and straight off the bat, she could feel something was off about the house. Hastily, she got down from the horse and rushed into the house, kicking the door down with her leg in one go. She forced herself in, uncaring of the loud obnoxious noise which was echoing through the empty halls of the rotted building. She wanted nothing more than to see her sister together in one piece. She just wanted the feeling of anxiousness to vanish. 

"JIA!!??" 

"Youngjae??!!" 

"JIA?! Please, it's your sister! Where are you??" Haeun's voice broke, echoing loudly throughout the house. Her voice was struggling to come out, cracking badly whenever she tried to scream. Her body, however, did not give up, pushing her forward to check every room of the blasted house just for her little sister and Youngjae. 

"Guys please, don't do this to me." Haeun cried out, falling to her knees after checking almost every room in the hall that was upstairs. There was nothing. No sign of them. No sign of life in any of the rooms. All that was left was the final door at the far end of the hall that was left slightly ajar, with flickering shadows escaping from the small crack in the door. That was the only room that seemed like it was disrupted with human life and Haeun was praying she was right. 

"Kang Jia, your big sister is finally back...I'm back and I've been dying to see you. Aren't you going to come out and say hello? My precious little sister, I've mi--" 

Haeun's heart dropped till to the soles of her fucking feet as she gently pushed the door open, revealing what was behind it. She stood at the entrance of the room, paralyzed in place as her eyes stared at the image that was now flooding her mind. The assassin's chest felt extremely tight in her body, and it felt as though she couldn't breathe anymore. It felt as though her world stopped completely, frozen in time, unable to go forward or backward. Her body gradually grew weaker and weaker as she stood there, unmoving, and soon her legs gave way, making her collapse to the cold, hard ground. 

"This is not r-real." 

"It's not real. Please no." 

"This has to be a j-joke, right? Right guys? It's a joke." 

"It's not real. It's not real. It's not real. It's not real." 

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Damn I feel like I've lost my touch. I haven't written anything in so long oml. Sorry for the really long wait guys.