𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

꒰⚘݄꒱......✎

"Beomgyu...", Haeun started off in a low whisper, fiddling with her fingers behind her back. She was having contradicting thoughts in her mind about wanting to tell the royal the truth. Should she? Would it break him? Would his world shatter? Would all these lies come back to haunt her? 

"Please..tell me. If you know just tell me. I-", the boy's breath was hitched in his throat. Sweat trickled down his forehead taunting his vulnerable demeanor. His heartbeats were uncalculated as his heart continued  to thump in his chest due to nervousness. He seemed so...impuissant. His guard was down and he was open to anything that could break him. His emotions were seeping through the crack in his heart. He was finally showing how much he was hurting due to the past actions of his father. Though, before, he had spoken about this matter, this time it was different. He was holding onto the last string of hope that his father still had some sympathy left for him. 

"Beomgyu, I- I can't-" 

"Just tell me. I've already been lied to enough." His cold words bit at Haeun's skin, exposing her indirectly for how she too deceived him. 

A heavy sigh escaped through Haeun's parted lips. She didn't know where to begin. She didn't know how to tell him that his own father was the one who sent her to steal from him and kill him. (LMAO i totally forgot about that pendant) 

"Those men back there...They were sent by your father to capture me..", she paused, sucking in a deep breath she needed, "and you", those last two words were almost inaudible to Beomgyu's ears but was still loud enough for him to comprehend. 

The prince let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. 

His eyes were shut tightly and his body was unmoving. 

The assassin continued, "I was hired by your father, King Minho to steal your pendant and to assassinate you. I am the assassin you've been looking for this entire time. I'm the person who, with my death will reward you with your redemption and recognition you deserve from your father. But, with your death, I'll be rewarded with a means of being able to keep myself and my sister alive." Haeun said no more, unsure what would slip out of the royal's mouth. 

Silence engulfed the atmosphere created around them. They were still on the rooftop of the castle and the cool wind flashed by, making their clothes sway naturally about. Somehow the men who were chasing them didn't exist anymore. The ruckus had died down and it didn't seem like anyone was on their tail anymore. Haeun's mind went quickly to Kai and Taehyun and she didn't know what would happen to them now. Would they find out everything? Will Minho torture them to get to us? I.....

Beomgyu said nothing during those minutes that flew by. 

"That doesn't make sense. THIS doesn't make sense. YOU don't make sense." Beomgyu finally spoke his mind after the long silence that befell both of them. His words confused Haeun but she stayed quiet. 

"You- You had every opportunity to take it, to kill me. You could have taken that pendant so many times...so why didn't you? Why didn't you take it? Why didn't you kill me-!"

Haeun was surprised by his outburst but she knew it made sense as to why he would question her about that. She too also questioned herself why, why she didn't do it. 

"Was that apart of father's plan as well? Was all of that planned? Everything...be- between us? Had you just acted that way because you had to do your job? To think I even had the mind to open up to you...to someone who hates me as much as my father did- I- Was none of it real-? Was I just fooling myself this entire time? Ha....that man sure knows how to fuck with me." 

The assassin didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to approach the situation. She was also confused. Confused about all the things that happened between them and the meaning behind it. Was it just because she had to do her job? Did she act that way towards Beomgyu because of having to kill him? Because she was being paid to do it? The feeling that coursed through her when she saw him kiss Minji..what was it? Why did she feel that way because of something so unsightly? She had no proper answer for the Prince.

"Beomgyu. As much as you hate me right now, we really need to get out of here. Now." She didn't dare acknowledge the mouthful of questions he had thrown about. She couldn't think about that now. There was a more worrying matter that was to be dealt with and time was running out. They had to get out of there. Both of them. As much as she didn't know what she was truly feeling for him she had a gut feeling that somehow it would be better if Beomgyu was alive and by her side. After escaping she would figure out a means of fixing this entire dilemma with the best course of action but right now all she needed was for the Prince to comply with her commands. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Beomgyu folded his arms across his chest, glaring at the girl with an empty expression splayed across his face. "I'm not moving unless you---" 

Beomgyu's sentence was cut short before his body fell to the cold floor on the rooftop with a loud thud. Haeun had smacked him behind his head, knocking him out with quick precision.

"Fuck, this boy is going to make me go crazy." Haeun dusted her hands together before picking the royal up and dragging his out cold body along with her. 

꒰⚘݄꒱

"Kai, Taehyun...I'm sorry for what problems I have caused the both of you and I'm sorry for having to take away your Beomgyu from you but I think this is the best answer to the current problem both Beomgyu and I are faced with. As you may know by now, my real name is Haeun and I clearly am not a maid. I am sorry for deceiving both of you but I really and truly did enjoy your company. I would just like to warn you. Choi Minho wants to kill Beomgyu and I- I can't have that. I'll do my best to protect him and I hope you protect yourselves as well. Do not get caught by Minho. I don't know what means he'd use to get to me and Beomgyu so I can't risk your lives for us. I hope you both understand. Sorry and thank you."

-Soojin/Haeun 

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/N
I redid the chapter lmao- I think this one is definitely better and clearly longer too so yay.
Also I did some minor changes on chapter 45 but it didn't change anything big on the plot but yeah-
Hope y'all enjoy reading 🫶