𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

══☆⌒*

Forty-five

ˏˋ°•*

Haeun managed to strut her way out of the ballroom, unnoticed. Her breathing was hitched in her throat and her heart pounded in her chest way too loud. It was unbearable. Her heart felt heavy and her mind was hazy. Anger surged through her veins as she pushed her way through the crowds of royals that were lingering everywhere.

I hate him.

I hate him so much!

But fuck, it's all my fault! It's my fault for putting so much trust in him and for getting distracted! I'm not meant to love anyone. They just end up leaving me one way or another. Beomgyu...he is just a mere stranger that I have to assassinate. But why was I so disgusted and annoyed at him kissing her?!

Haeun..just do what you have to do..Jia's life is on the line because of your slip up with that damned prince. Kill him now and fix this!

A low sigh left Haeun's lips as she drew her head back, looking up at the stars that twinkled dully in the sky up above. She was standing in the balcony of a random room she managed to enter. Just as she turned around to face the ajar door that displayed everything in the hall, she noticed about 3 to 4 men dressed in all black sneaking from room to room with knives in their hands. They seemed focused on finding something as they quickly and thoroughly searched through room after room.

Who are these people? What are they doing?

The assassin quietly inched closer to the door of the room she was in, stealthily peeking out at the long listless hallway that had only the suspicious men sneaking through. She was intrigued and on top of that, angry. Very angry. She was angry at herself for feeling that way and it pained her to see him kiss someone else but how could she blame him? He hadn't done anything wrong at all. She just detested the fact that he kissed someone but she didn't understand why.

Haeun was quietly observing the few men in the hallway, keeping track of their every move and their weapons. Just knives and daggers? What are they planning? Which royal's blood will be shed tonight?

Snapping out of thought, the assassin noticed the men were getting further away from her as they continued down the hallway. She didn't want to involve herself with anything that could expose her true identity but at the same time she couldn't care less.

Other than these men, she had one more thought on her mind; killing Choi Beomgyu.

The girl stealthily followed behind the men in the hallway, listening in on their conversation.

"Sir, he's in room 432. I think it's best if we split up. It'll be too suspicious if we stay together. We must carry out this mission for the sake of king Minho."

Oh? For the sake of the king? What the hell is going on-

"Ahem."

The sudden clearing of a person's throat derailed the assassin's train of thought, phasing her back to reality. All eyes were on her. The two men that were left behind after the group had split up were now staring at her, unhinged.

Haeun straightened her posture, looking at the two men in awe.

"What? I just came for the food...guess some people had other intentions." Haeun said plainly with a low chuckle, making fun of them without actually making it seem like she was teasing them.

"Have a good night, sirs." Haeun smiled cheekily before speedily getting ready to walk away.

The men looked at each other, nodding, before stopping her from continuing any further. Haeun was being held back by her hair.