𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪……✎

Beomgyu slowly walked over to the girl who was still sitting on the grassy ground, flipping through the pages of her book. She wasn't paying attention to the prince who was now also sitting beside her with his hands propping up his head.

"Are you following me or something?" The assassin chuckled dryly, keeping her head down in her book.

"I usually come here around this time but you got here first and now I'm bombarded of my peacefulness I was about to enjoy."

"Tch." The girl rolled her eyes playfully with a scoff.

Both of them sat in silence now, laying on the bare ground, minding their own business. Haeun began quietly humming as she continued to read the words on the pages of her book.

That humming...could it be-?

The one in my dream?

No way..

"What happened to the queen?"

Beomgyu was taken aback by the sudden question thrown at him. He was now falling back into the endless, dark pit of emotions he once felt. Hatred, disgust and sadness washed over him and traumatic memories he once buried were now resurfacing. The prince curled his fingers into fists, clawing at the ground as his body became numb.

He hated himself.

He was disgusted with himself.

He was drowning in a pool of sadness and rage.

Soon enough, he would lose it and there wouldn't be anyone to pull him back, to comfort him, to assure him that he wasn't at fault.

"Is she-"

"Don't speak of her." Beomgyu stated harshly, smashing the structure of twigs, sticks and flowers he had in his hand. The circular structure was now crumpled into pieces and the pretty flowers were flattened together.

Haeun happened to look up at Beomgyu, noticing his eyes were glassy. His demeanor had changed completely and he looked weak and vulnerable. She realized she had overstepped the line.

Is it that bad? He looks so...pitiful. He looks weak yet immensely filled with rage. What happened to him...?

"I'm sorry.." Haeun apologized softly, patting Beomgyu on the back gently before getting up, dusting out her clothes from the residue of grass and soil on her dress.

"Make sure you come for dinner. Since the king is back he wants to meet with everyone to discuss something. Maybe it's something important." With that, the girl left, leaving the royal all alone in the large expanse of the flower garden. He fell back onto the ground, covering his face in his hands, exhaling sharply.

Deep down, all he wanted to do was cry. He wanted to let his tears fall blissfully whilst being embraced by a presence he felt comfortable around but the one presence that made him felt loved was dead...and he was the one at fault for it.

8 years ago

"Son, come here." The king ordered, gesturing for Beomgyu to stand next to him. He handed the boy a tray with a cup of water, instructing his son to take it up to his beloved mother who was severely sick at the time. Little Beomgyu had to give his mother her daily dose of pills but he was a bit confused as to why his father specifically handed him a cup of water to give his mother, the queen.

Twelve year old Beomgyu was a goofy and energetic child and he always confided in his mother when he was sad or mad. He loved her dearly and seeing her so feeble and sick broke his heart so he tried his best to put up a happy face whenever he went to her.

Carefully taking the cup from his father, Beomgyu went up to his mom's room, greeting her with a warm smile.

"Hello mother! How have you been today? You look like you're getting much better to me!" Little Beomgyu smiled preciously, running up to his mom, placing the cup of water down before tightly engulfing his mother in a hug.

The woman smiled weakly, tears filling up in her eyes as she looked at her son, gently caressing his hair as she hugged him back.

"Ah Beomgyu, you're too sweet!" She pulled away, booping his nose cutely.

"You look very pretty! I think I get my looks from you!" Beomgyu continued, kissing his mom on the cheek.

"Ah, look you've grown up so well, taking care of your mother when she's sick." The queen commented, watching Beomgyu as he made his way over to the cabinet where the pills were.

"Yah, make sure to give me the correct one this time." His mother joked, remembering how Gyu almost accidentally gave his mother wrong pills to take.

"Mooooommmm that was a mistake! I'll check properly this time, I swear! I didn't mean it-" he pouted sadly, bowing his head down to the floor.

"I know you didn't mean it. I was just playing around, son." The queen cried out, softly chuckling at the little child who was on his tiptoes, struggling to reach the top shelf to get the medication.

"I don't understand why Minho won't come and help, you're so short, you're struggling so bad!"

"I can reach them. I'll grow really tall so that if you need anything, you can always ask me to reach for it since I'll definitely grow past you!" Beomgyu grumbled out cutely, finally reaching to grab the bottle of pills.

He read the label and was sure he picked the correct pills for his mother.

He quickly strutted his tiny feet, walking over to his mom who was lying on the bed. He handed her 4 pills and the cup of water.

"You have to keep taking your pills to get better, mother! Then, you'll be able to watch me and Kai together someday. We'll be sure to keep this kingdom safe! Kai and I together!"

The queen couldn't help but burst into tears as she watched her son try to cheer her up.

She took the pills out of the boy's hand, quickly putting it in her mouth then gulped down the whole glass of water.

"I'll be sure to watch you grow--"

"M-mother?" The little boy whispered out, eyes widening in surprise as he watched his mother suddenly collapse on her bed.

"Mother?! Are you okay?!!" Beomgyu cried out, rushing to his mother's side in shock.

The woman couldn't speak nor could she move. She was seizing and her heart began to pain unbearably. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she cried out in pain.

Beomgyu was frozen in place, unable to move a single muscle as he watched his mother in complete shock. He was scared. He was trembling.

Tears began to helplessly roll down his cheeks as he watched her, unable to stop whatever was happening to her.

The boy quickly snapped out of his paralysis, dashing for the door to alert the guards so they could send for help.

"HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP- MY MOM-! PLEASE GET A DOCTOR OR SOMETHING! GET MY DAD!" The boy cried out miserably, falling onto his knees as he watched the armoured guards disperse to fetch help.

Beomgyu quickly made his way back into the room, running to his mother's bedside to comfort her but when his eyes were fixed on her figure he realized she wasn't breathing.

"Mother??! Mother wake up! Help is coming! Please wake up!!! Mother!" Beomgyu gently shook his mother as his vision was clouded with tears which wouldn't stop falling. He kept calling out to her, squeezing her hand softly as he tried to convince himself she was going to be okay.

"Mom..."

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·