𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

𓆩𓆪……✎

"Soojin!" Kai called out worriedly as his eyes met hers when she finally exited the carriage. "Are you alright??" He continued to question the girl, a bit shocked due to seeing her out of her dress.

"KAI!" Haeun exclaimed happily almost like if it had been years since she last saw him. The blonde was quick to make his way towards the girl, unclipping his cloak that was pinned around his neck and wrapping it around the girl's tiny body to cover her. She found that small act of his heartwarming and wanted to give him a big hug but she really needed a bath first.

"Don't touch me...I'm really musty right now." Haeun cried out in a low tone, putting a small distance between herself and Kai. "Thanks though." She was gesturing to the cloak around her body as she flashed him a tiny smile of appreciation.

Beomgyu was following behind them unintentionally, grumbling to himself at how they acted when they were together. They're acting like it's been years since they saw each other I swear to god- and excuse me, I'm the one who's injured. Why isn't MY right hand man not worried about me?! He's too busy worrying over that stupid servant!

"What's with that face your highness?" Haeun was looking back at the prince whose face was screaming disgust. The girl found it quite funny for some odd reason and couldn't help but tease him.

"If you felt like you were put in danger today due to what recently occurred I suggest you quit now before things get way worse." He was keeping in those very words ever since they were on their journey back to the kingdom. All he wanted to do was to rough her up a bit, to show her she couldn't handle any of it but he was actually unsuccessful in his mission.

"I guess you're right...it was dangerous out there so that's why you need me to tag along to take the first blows so your pretty image won't be ruined. I don't give up, your highness. Whether you like me or not, I don't give a damn. I'm just trying to do my job." The assassin said nonchalantly, flicking back her hair over her shoulders. "Ahh, don't forget to drop by the infirmary to clean the wound and tell the king I'll see him for dinner tonight." And with that the girl walked off, dragging along a speechless Kai with her.

"You- he- I-....oh my god you're badass!" Kai said excitedly, still in a state of shock after processing what just happened.

"No one's ever talked down to him like that. Ever!" The boy explained, having a hard time formulating words due to being amazed by the way Beomgyu just silently took it all. "He- the Beomgyu I know would be quick to put up a defense but that right there...even he was shocked! Soojin you're freaking amazing!" Kai complimented as he continued babbling over what just happened.

"Really though? No one's ever talked down on him? Wait what about the King?"

Kai was quick to dismiss the girl's final question, purposefully ignoring it by bringing up other topics.

"By the way-"

"Ah we've reached my room. I'm dyinggg to take a shower right now! I feel so musty! Sorry but I have to cut you off there. I'll see you at dinner!" The girl quickly said, waving a small goodbye to the boy before disappearing behind her door.

I wanted to make sure you were okay...

Kai sighed, walking away from the girl's room. Everyday he felt them getting closer as they talked. Every night they'd hang out by that one specific balcony, admiring the stars above whilst sharing random stories about themselves. It warmed the boy's heart very much knowing that he was able to make the girl happy while staying here. Whenever they'd talk, she would always rant about Beomgyu and how he treats her and he'd quietly listen. Kai himself was happy he finally had someone else to talk to freely in the castle other than Beomgyu sometimes.