𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪......✎

Nothing but the unpleasant taste of iron was left savouring in the Haeun's mouth as fresh blood began to slowly ooze out. She was dumbstruck, habitually biting the inside of her cheek so much that it began to bleed.

She was left isolated in the empty warehouse that creaked eerily when sudden hints of wind would gush by. It would make an unnecessary amount of noise, suggesting that they clearly were out in the middle of nowhere since nothing else could be heard in the environment around her.

The assassin's mind couldn't help but replay what Yeonjun had said to her before he left.

"He killed his mother...? The queen? That's impossible, right? Beomgyu—" Haeun fell silent, blankly gazing into space as she tried pushing past the awful thoughts that infested her mind. She wasn't going to believe it. Not one bit. She had trust in him. She wasn't going to be fooled by Yeonjun and even if he wasn't making it up, she found it hard to believe.

Beomgyu could never hurt his own mother. Never. There has to be some sort of mix up...

With a loud, 'i think I figured it out gasp', Haeun relaxed into the hard hair, slumping into the small curve of the back. Could it be—

-

1 day ago

Back at the Inn~

"Where is she. WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!" The royal spat out. His hands were tightly gripped around the collar of the employee working behind the desk at the lobby of the inn, chucking her forward aggressively.

His eyes pierced into her soul, as dark as midnight, emotionless. Just one simple look from Beomgyu when he was in that state could send shivers down anyone's spine. It was truly frightening how his entire demeanor flipped in a matter of seconds. He wasn't the loving, polite, shy Beomgyu anymore, he was filled with underlying rage and unexplainable emotions that pushed him over the edge.

"Tell me what happened to her, or else. Or else I'm going to snap your f--king neck like a toothpick." The prince stated in a flat tone that carried no sense of remorse. He gazed at the woman dead in the eye as tears began to escape from hers. He didn't give a damn about the fact that he was scaring her. All he wanted, all he needed, was to find out where Haeun went and why she wasn't back yet.

"Listen...", Beomgyu paused, searching the woman's uniform for her name. "...listen Dahyun. I'm going to ask you one more time. What the hell happened to her? I know damn well you of all people definitely saw...SOMETHING at least. So, you better have one hell of a good reason for acting so mute right damn now." Beomgyu's voice gradually grew louder and harsher as each second went by, his patience too was running thin.

"Please s-stop." The woman muttered bitterly under her breath, still trying to wipe all the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

"I...", The employee paused, adverting eye contact with the royal's cold, bone chilling glare. She stopped and thought long and hard about what was going to slip out of her mouth, and it wasn't what anyone was expecting at all.

"I-I was paid to shut up, okay! Th-this dude paid me a day ago and made me skip my usual shift in the afternoon. He j-just paid me to stall somewhere else so I wouldn't be at the front desk when...whatever happened." Dahyun's eyes couldn't meet that of the royal. 

The royal's hand around the woman's collar suddenly tightened but quickly, Beomgyu suppressed his anger, releasing his grip from around Dahyun's uniform. He backed away with a low, almost incoherent chuckle escaping from his lips. His eyes darted up at the woman before his lips were parted again so he could speak. "What did he look like? This man who 'supposedly' paid you." Beomgyu inquired keenly, locking his eyes on the physical behavior the woman was exhibiting. He was mentally taking note of the way she would fidget nervously, scratch her neck, advert eye contact and the most prominent one of them all: lie. He just kept silent, absorbing everything around him. 

"Uh...he—he was really t-tall? Bla—no brown hair...?" Dahyun murmured quietly, rhythmically tapping her fingers on the surface of the desk in a very specific manner. 3 taps, a short pause, 2 taps, another short pause which was finally followed by a single tap to end it off. She repeated this action 3 times to be exact.  

"Listen woman. I don't have time for your—"

"Is everything okay over here? Something the matter Beomgyu?" The royal was cut off from almost having an outburst due to the woman's incompetence by Yeonjun who suddenly appeared from behind him out of nowhere.

The agitated boy halted, shifting his presence to the side so he could face both Yeonjun and the woman at the desk. A quick yet subtle glance was exchanged between both Yeonjun and the woman in uniform and clearly didn't go unnoticed by Beomgyu who was quick to pick up the odd conduct. 

Beomgyu's eyes shifted from Yeonjun to Dahyun who seemed less tense in Yeonjun's presence. The raven-haired male's lips were slightly parted, but nothing seemed to come out. Quickly fixing his demeanor, Beomgyu turned to the other male beside him and hooked his arm around Yeonjun's neck, allowing his hand to rest on his shoulder. "Weird question...but have you seen Haeun anywhere? She's been missing for the entire day, and I just can't seem to find her. Think you might know where she is?" 

"W-What?! She's missing?? No way!" Yeonjun exclaimed, almost sounding genuinely surprised. His tone was a bit too superficial, as if there was a sense of disinterest in his voice. Beomgyu was quick to pick this up as well, but it would be too rash to act on what his brain was forcing him to do. He had to think logical and plan his moves before messing up.   

"I haven't seen her since yesterday..." Yeonjun voiced softly, shaking his head as he rested his gaze on the floor. 

"Dahyun, come here for me sweetheart." Beomgyu gestured to the woman to stand beside him. His tone completely changed once more. Beomgyu noticed the way her eyes were glued on Yeonjun before they trailed their way over to his figure. The woman complied without complaint, slowly maneuvering her way to Beomgyu's side. Of course, she had to listen to him. He was the Prince and his identity was known to most of the residents of the Inn. 

"Tell me sweetheart, do you think it's right for someone to be punished when they don't listen?" Beomgyu's hand made its way to Dahyun's chin, tilting it up so that she could look at him. The girl seemed to be taken aback by the oddity of the question but simply nodded her head. "Y-yes." She answered quietly, stealing a quick glance at Yeonjun whose face was visible over the royal's shoulder. 

"Then, here's your punishment." With quick precision, Dahyun's neck was snapped in the blink of an eye and her lifeless body dropped to the floor with a loud thud. Beomgyu turned around to face Yeonjun, casually dusting his hands before shoving them in his pockets and walking off. Yeonjun followed suit behind the royal, engrossed in the silence of the moment. 

H-he just killed my goddamn partner-!

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·