𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

══☆⌒*

Thirty-one

ˏˋ°•*

"Why'd I do it, huh?" Haeun whispered out slowly, keeping her back faced to the prince.

He removed his hands from around her wrist, patiently waiting for her to answer him. He really wanted to know why. As unnecessary as it was, the prince still wanted to know why she did it since no one would do something like that without a reason. Why would she go out of her way just to comfort him? The same guy who yelled at her and cursed her out. Why?

Beomgyu staggered back hopelessly, watching Haeun's shoulders slouch a bit. What would she say to him? Would she truly tell him why she did it or would she lie?

"Your highness...I am being paid to look after you. Of course I'd help you whenever you need it. Now, there's no need to question my actions further. It's simple. I am your personal servant who has to oversee your care and wellbeing. I was- I was just doing my job your highness."

Beomgyu couldn't say anything. Deep down inside of him he was dreading to hear those words but of course it would turn out that way. Why would anyone ever help him out without a plausible reason.

Haeun basically told him she was obligated to look after him and Beomgyu couldn't feel any much worse than he felt before. It's not like he cared about what she thought of him but a small part in him was hurt.

"Is that it, your highness?"

Your highness. Again with the 'your highness'. Fuck, I'd rather her call me prick or bitch. Why do I hate it when she calls me that stupid fucking royal name!?

Beomgyu didn't answer her. He just bowed his head down to the floor in silence. He was partially mad at himself for believing that there could have been a chance where she just solely did it because of the fact that she wanted to and not because she was obligated to.

"If that's it, I guess I'll be going then. Good afternoon your highness." And with that Haun left Beomgyu in the library all alone.

He surely wasn't that badly affected by her response because he knew it was coming. After all, he was a cold, rude self-absorbed prince who was referred to as a monster because he killed his mother.

He deserved it, right?

-

Well, Haeun couldn't positively say she was making progress with her so called 'friendship' with Beomgyu but things were actually going a bit smoothly to her plan. She had managed to enter Beomgyu's room unnoticed and had the chance to check the hiding spot. It was empty upon checking but indeed there was a perfect space down in the floor to fit a tiny jewellery box. The box was vacant of course because Beomgyu was now more consistently wearing the pendant.

It was nearing two entire months since the assassin had gone undercover as a servant and her time was spent well. She found out bits of useful information all while keeping track of Beomgyu and his behavioural patterns. She also got to spend time with Kai and Taehyun who were practically really close with her.

It did hurt her down to the core that she was living on a tower of lies but what else could she do? Lying, manipulating and killing people was what she did on a regular basis so it was no different, right? Well that's where she thought wrong. There was a difference.

Haeun was getting attached to them. She was getting attached to the life of luxury and the new 'friends' she made.

December 21st,
It did hurt telling him I did it because I was obligated to. What else could I do? Tell him the truth? Tell him that I saw myself in him and that I was once like him? Surely I cannot console him by relating to him because then, I'd certainly create major problems between us.

It would be worse if mislead him. I'm just trying to focus on why I'm really here. My sister needs a better life. We've been hiding , dwelling in an abandoned house for years. Years. It wouldn't hurt to relocate ourselves to somewhere new and peaceful where I can always be with her.

If I'm being honest with myself, I don't hate him. I mean, how could I hate him? I truly do believe he has good in his heart but...what does it matter to me? All I am is his servant. Next, I'll be his murderer. It's better to not get attached.

The part that she didn't add in her book of thoughts was that there were times when she'd go all soft for the boy. Heck, she could have left him with his ladder situation but she helped him. She could have left him alone when he was crying but she still helped him. Even in the carriage. All those times, she helped him.

It wasn't her mind controlling her all of the time but her heart as well.

She just didn't want to establish a friendship that could truly mean something out of the lies she created.

She propped her feet up on the railing around the balcony, hands swiftly sliding across the page as she scribbled on them. She was currently outside at the moment, exhausted because of her packed day.

After her conversation with Beomgyu, the following days later, he didn't speak to her like how he used to. He was reserved once more. He didn't blame the girl for it though. It was his fault for believing that he was capable of making a friend who truly wanted to help him and not just because they felt like they had to.

It was kinda confusing to him as well. He really didn't understand himself.

He was hurting on the inside but didn't know why it pained so badly.

The reason being was because he never had experienced something like this before. All he was shown in the past was cruelty and no remorse. He wasn't ever once given hope that other people other than Kai and Taehyun liked him.

It was just those two. But this, this was a bit different from them. The weird feelings he had that he couldn't explain. It was something he never felt before. It was just like a small fire in his cold heart. Though it wasn't much, it was still there.

Human feelings he never felt before.

Hope. Hope from something which was out of his reach.

The girl closed her book, sighing at the many thoughts that plagued her mind. Would it be better if she truly just give in? Would it be easier for her?

Then again, imagine being so close to someone then realising that they did all of that because they never truly did care about the friendship. It was for their own needs.

Would hurt wouldn't it?

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

A/n
Okay this chapter is pretty boring but I'm just trying to get her feelings through as well as Beomgyu's. How the heck are we on chapter 31 already and nun too nice happened yet-

AHAHAHAHA I swear I'm not gonna rip y'all off. Well anyways, I hope you guys are safe and hydrated and HEALTHY. REMEMBER TO EAT even if it's not a lot, just eat something.

Goodbye <3