𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𓆩♡𓆪……✎

"Why did you save me?" The prince mumbled under his breath once more, still in a bit of disbelief. He truly didn't expect her to do that since he thought she hated him earlier.

"I'm your personal servant, am I not? I know I'm not your bodyguard or anything but I do have to obey whatever you say and let's face it, a guy like you would definitely not hesitate to save himself rather than anyone else. I just wanted to show you how different we are." Haeun commented, looking Beomgyu up and down before fixing her attention elsewhere. Her stare was a look of judgement and the prince could tell she wasn't joking.

"Sorry for pushing you, if that's what you want to hear." The girl scoffed, flicking her hair behind her shoulders with a sigh.

I- why do I feel guilty? Why do I feel guilt towards her? All I've been doing is hating her. What's my reason? Right, I do have a valid reason but-

Beomgyu snapped himself out of his mind full of thoughts. At that moment, he felt guilty, something he never once felt for anyone after the mishap. He felt slightly bad for the way he treated the girl.

Haeun spun around on her heels, facing the direction of the Prince's door. She was about to walk off when she felt the contact of skin clamped around her wrist, holding her back.

"No- uh.." Beomgyu exhaled in a toned down voice. His eyes were fixated on the floor, evading eye contact from the girl.

"Yes?"

Ah damnit w-why cant I form words right now-! The Royal cursed in his mind, dying internally from embarrassment.

"T-thanks-" he mumbled under his breath in a softened tone which took the girl by surprise.

A short silence befell the two, enveloping the room in slight awkwardness. Haeun couldn't believe her ears and Beomgyu couldn't believe himself. The girl's eyes widened a fraction and a tiny grin hinted at her lips.

"T-Thanks for saving me." The prince breathed out heavily. His voice was rather soft yet hesitant.

Oh? What's this? He's actually thanking me? I'd call this progress!

The girl chuckled lightly, gaining the attention of Beomgyu who was now looking directly at her face. "You're welcome!" She smiled cheerfully, patting the prince on the shoulder gently.

Maybe... -Beomgyu

Maybe... -Haeun

Maybe he's not really that bad... -Haeun

Maybe I was being a bit too harsh...maybe she's not so bad after all.. -Beomgyu

The small smile on Haeun's face was still there as she trailed her eyes down to Beomgyu's hand which was around her wrist. Clearing her throat while gesturing to their hands, Beomgyu quickly pulled away when he realized, rubbing the nape of his neck as he let out an awkward chuckle.

"Goodnight your highness." And with that the girl exited the room, full of content due to their small interaction. This was definitely improvement.

"Soojin!" The girl halted in her tracks when she heard the familiar voice of Kai call out to her through the halls.

"Oh god I heard what happened! Are you okay?! Are you hurt??" The distressed boy asked, examining the girl's body keenly as he continued to throw questions at her.

"Oh, it's okay. I'm fine, he didn't hurt me." Haeun laughed, keeping up her stride with the blonde while they walked towards her room.

"Ah, thank god." Kai sighed heavily, placing a hand over his heart.

"I'm sorry..about earlier." The assassin mumbled, purposely avoiding looking at the boy who couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Oh, that's alright. I understand that you needed time for yourself." He half smiled warmly, making the girl feel relieved on the inside due to his comforting aura. She was appreciative over the fact that finally someone cared about her while she was staying in the palace. Two whole weeks and now she was also going somewhere with the prince situation as well.

Even though the supposed 'intruder' had been caught, Haeun was left with tons of question plaguing her mind.

Why was he looking for the pendant as well? Was he hired by my client or by a totally different person? What's so great about this pendant?

"Kang Soojin?" Snapping sounds along with Kai's face directly in front of her hauled the girl back to reality. Kai's face was a bit too close to hers which made her look away from him, leaning back a little to put space between them.

"Y-yes?" She choked out, unable to look at the boy in his face.

How in god's name is Kai so fine- Haeun snap out of it! You're being creepy right now!

"You spaced out there for a sec. Is something troubling you?" The boy asked in a worried yet calming tone, eyes sparkling preciously as they glazed over her figure, awaiting for a response.

Haeun only shook her head, calming the ripples her heart was sending to her entire body as she tried to pull herself together. "Everything's fine...I'm just tired." She said breathlessly, rubbing her eyes to avoid the sleepiness that slowly dawned upon her.

"Aw, do you want me to tuck you in? Maybe stay with you in case another manic intruder breaks in? I wouldn't mind-"

"Sir-?!" Haeun playfully hit Kai on the back as she gasped at the words that escaped from his lips. He began laughing and so did she, giggling in the hallway in front of her doorway late in the night.

"Okay, okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight!" Kai hummed cheerfully, ruffling the girl's hair before bidding her goodnight.

"Yeah you too."

Closing the door behind her, Haeun felt so relieved due to the progress she was making. Her friendship with Kai was just getting stronger and now Beomgyu had finally actually acknowledged her for once. He thanked me! He really thanked me! Wait...what if it's all an act to mislead me into thinking he's kind just for him to plan on killing me for real this time??

Haeun I swear your ideas are so freaking crazy-

The girl washed up and crawled into bed, setting herself comfortably in the feathery heaven which would take away all her stress.

Goodnight Jia. Goodnight Youngjae.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·