𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

𓆩𓆪......✎

Blood

Everywhere

That was all that clouded Haeun's vision. Nothing but the overpowering scent of iron bombarded her nostrils, suffocating her. The scene that unfolded in front of her felt like it was a mockery to her existence. It felt like it was a sick joke that somebody was maliciously making her victim to. The dimly lit room was used as a messed-up painting piece, where the walls were the canvas and the blood that was drained from both Youngjae and Jia's body were the paint. It was a shit-show. It was a f--ing nightmare. 

Youngjae's body was brutally dissected limb by limb and his amputated head was placed on the old wooden frame of the bed, set up strategically as display. His arms and legs were scattered all across the room and flies soon became witnesses to this sickening ordeal as well. As for the little girl, she had a knife impaled in her heart...which was ripped out of her body and placed in her own bare hands to hold. 

Tears were dried up on the face of Jia as her body remained lifeless. Her skin was pale, bruised and tattooed with black and blue marks. It was as if they had beaten her endlessly till some of her bones broke. Haeun couldn't even believe what she was seeing. It was all too overwhelming for her to process. 

On the walls, smeared in blood were the words, "She screams just like her mom." Multiple walls had messages written in blood which were either taunting the girl into insanity or just cursing her out. 

"That's what you get for disobeying orders, slut." 

"You're next." 

The more the assassin stayed in that room the more she felt like ending her life right there and then. This certainly was her last straw. It was too much for her to bear. Haeun didn't even know how to act after seeing that. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to cry but she felt too angry to shed tears. She wanted to scream her lungs out in agony, but her body just felt numb. The clockwork in her mind had slowed down, all of her thoughts were halted. The spark that she tried so hard to keep kindled had completely died. Haeun's soul had now lost its colour and purpose. 

There was truly no meaning to her life anymore. She had nothing to fight for. She had no one by her side. No Jia. No Youngjae. 

She couldn't even bring herself to cry. It was such a shock to her that she blanked out of reality and detached herself from any form of emotion. Haeun slowly backed away from the room, weakly dragging her body into the dark hall of the abandoned house. Nightfall had fully dawned upon her, and her surrounding remained tainted in darkness. It was silent. Too silent. The tranquility of world around her was enough to make her lose her mind fully. Her life was now meaningless to her. Sure, she had Beomgyu but he lived a completely different life from hers. He had his own life, his own problems, his own family and friends. Haeun had nothing now. Absolutely nothing. And it was all because of Beomgyu's father. 

-

"Wow, who would have thought some cute cafe would have an entire arsenal hidden in the basement. This is cool." Kai commented, intrigued as he scanned the room that was filled with swords, knives, daggers, muskets and chain-link armor. "Where do you get these from...?" 

"He's a talkative one you got there, Hyun. What's going on in your life that causes both the Prince of Nethilor and his right-hand man to show up in my basement along with the King of Rivern himself?" The extremely tall male questioned, half serious about the whole situation to begin with.